SCO Family of Services has provided vital human services throughout New York City and Long Island for more than 100 years. SCO helps vulnerable New Yorkers build a strong foundation for the future. We get young children off to a good start, launch youth into adulthood, stabilize and strengthen families and unlock potential for children and adults with special needs.
SCO Family of Services welcomes you to join our family and help us work together to carry out our mission to build a stronger tomorrow.
• Provide a safe, clean and caring living environment for program residents.
• Prepare meals according to weekly meal planner.
• Participate in activity programming including individual and group activities, sports, games, trips, enrichment activities, etc.
• Enforce the program’s daily routine by accurately completing reports, checklists & daily point sheets.
• Attention to and support of medical issues, student educational/vocational needs, case work, and clinical appoints.
• Appropriately confront negative behavior whenever it occurs.
• Maintain professional, positive and encouraging relationships with all residents, family members, and agency staff.
• Minimum of HS Diploma or GED required.
• This position requires successful completion of Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI) training, which includes a written test and demonstration of the competency to perform physical restraints, as specified by the program and regulatory body. Additionally, staff must successfully complete all required TCI refreshers in order to maintain continued employment.
• Prior exposure to working with an adolescent population desired.
• Experience in child welfare is a plus.
• Must be able to provide excellent references.
SCO Family of Services is an Equal Opportunity Employment Employer.
: Direct Service Worker
: New York-Queens-Jamaica
: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Apply through the website.