WAMU 88.5 is Washington DC’s leading public radio station for NPR news and information. It’s our mission to connect Washingtonians with each other and the world through balanced, enlightening, inspiring and entertaining programs of the highest quality.
About the Department/Unit
WAMU 88.5 is the leading public radio station for NPR news and information in the greater Washington D.C. area. WAMU is member-supported, professionally-staffed, and licensed to American University. Since 1961, WAMU 88.5 has provided programming to an audience of listeners that now totals almost 1 million listeners on-air, online, and on demand.
The CRM Database Analyst supports the Business Intelligence Systems unit within WAMU’s technology area, reporting to Director of Business Intelligence Systems.
This role has key relationships with staff in web development, membership operations, major giving, financial planning & analysis (FP&A), and IT. They will assist in the effective use of WAMU CRM platforms, their integration across WAMU business units, and effective stewardship of constituent data. They will partner with the digital, membership, financial, and marketing teams to ensure comprehensive data capture, data quality, and provide user support across CRM platforms.
- CRM System Management: Supports the relationship with the vendors of the WAMU CRM platforms (in 2022, this includes ROI Solutions, Engaging Networks) with the Director of Business Intelligence Systems to establish and continually refine CRM business practices and operational strategies for effective data capture, retention, and hygiene. Works as a key member of the Business Intelligence Systems team to manage the database logic and sweeps, platform integrations, and data usage to ensure the best possible internal and external user experience, while also ensuring data capture and practices match the business needs of WAMU.
- Analytics & Reporting: Extracts and analyzes data from offsite Oracle database using custom database query tools, SQL, and other tools as required. Manipulates data using standard office tools such as MS Excel and MS Access. Works with fundraisers to design data specifications that are either executed in-house or delivered to external vendors for execution. Supports CRM/eCRM reporting and data exploration needs in partnership with relevant stakeholders.
- Data Architecture & Implementation: Supports the ongoing work of establishing and maintaining documentation for systems and business practices, including internal processes and those external of WAMU. Assists in the maintenance of constituent data integrity and transparency practices which increase data confidence and effectively meet business needs. Works with fundraising and marketing teams to create complex email (Engaging Networks) queries and profiles, working with our database of record (Revolution Online – ROI Solutions), as needed.
- User Training & Support: In cooperation with other key CRM stakeholders and team members, has a hands-on role in training and developing users. In addition, oversees and ensures effective delivery of training programs. Trains users throughout WAMU (membership, major giving, marketing, as examples) in effective operation of the CRM platforms. Provides CRM support to WAMU stakeholders and ensures reported issues are fully resolved.
- Required to monitor and reply to essential email after-hours.
- This is an essential staff position. On-call for urgent after-hours BI and CRM disruptions.
- After-hours work sometimes required for mission-critical disruptive systems upgrades and testing.
- Must be able to work remotely in the event assistance is required after-hours or during inclement weather.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Full Time, 35 Hours/week.
- Project Leader/Advisor B.
Salary Range - Commensurate with experience.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in database processing, CRM, and/or non-profit fundraising space in roles of progressive responsibility.
Preferred Education and Experience
- 2-4 years of relevant experience.
- Experience with A/B/n testing strategies desirable.
- Familiarity with nonprofit fundraising operations and public media, in particular, a plus. Experience with CRMs and/or eCRMs expected, with a preference for ROI Solutions Revolution Online and Engaging Networks.
- Experience in media or membership-based organizations is a plus.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Experience in CRM platforms, Google Analytics, conversant in SQL querying and reporting.
- Experience using data warehouse and business intelligence platforms.
- Familiarity with background in CRM platforms and web analytics.