Applicants must be based in New Jersey or New York City
Jobs to Move America New York (JMA-NY) is seeking a Strategic Campaigner/Researcher in New Jersey to work with the New York Campaign Director and Community Organizer on JMA-NY's Transparency, Accountability, Opportunity Campaign. The Campaigner/Researcher will work out of JMA’s New York City office in lower Manhattan.
About Jobs to Move America
Jobs to Move America (JMA) is a national organization working to ensure that public investment in transportation in cleaner, more efficient transit systems supports quality American manufacturing jobs, and generates career opportunities for historically underrepresented workers in the industry, as well as those facing barriers to employment.
- Demonstrated success requesting and obtaining public records in New Jersey and/or New York.
- Familiarity with a variety of research methods including experience reviewing voluminous public documents for patterns/information pertinent to an labor/worker center organizing drive.
- Strong writing skills including the ability to explain highly technical information to a non- technical audience.
- Expertise with excel and/or other spreadsheet programs.
- Ability to understand and describe the behavior of business organizations, financial institutions, and/or other large, complex institutions from the perspective of working people.
- Familiarity with New York and New Jersey state politics.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide array of constituencies including elected officials, agency staff, and members of the public.
- Ability to effectively manage a workload with competing priorities, collaborate as part of a team, and work in a deadline driven environment.
Terms of Employment
The salary range for the position is $48,000 - $56,000. JMA offers full family health benefits, retirement, and generous time off.
Level of Language Proficiency
EXTRA CONSIDERATION will be given for candidates who :
- Identify as persons of color, women, veterans, or formerly incarcerated persons and/or have had experience working with more than one of those groups.
- Have experience working in the labor movement.
- Have experience working as a community organizer.
- Fluent speaking a language other than English.
- Have experience with a workforce-reentry and/or pre-apprenticeship program.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
This position is available starting January 1st 2019. Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Campaigner” in the subject line.
Applicants who do not meet the minimum requirements will not receive a response. All Candidates will be expected to complete a research assignment. No phone calls, please.