The position is responsible for overseeing all stages of affordable housing development for the agency and ensuring that objectives of each project are accomplished within prescribed time frames and funding parameters. This is professional and managerial work planning, organizing, and managing the development activities related to the acquisition, new construction, and rehabilitation of Bailey House's real estate development projects. Work may encompass many projects in varying stages of development and may include large, technically complex housing and mixed-use projects. Works under general direction of the Executive Director and acts independently to identify and minimize risk and complete projects on schedule and within budget. The position requires excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to handle tight deadlines and high stress projects, as well as a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. He/she must also be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and demands. A polite, proactive, take-charge and highly motivated attitude as well as the ability to organize, coordinate, take initiative and mix well with various personalities and situations is ideal. He/she must also be committed to advocacy to end the twin crises of AIDS and homelessness.
• Oversees and coordinates all stages of affordable housing development including site research and acquisition, feasibility analysis, pre-development, design, project financing, and construction for 3-4 development projects.
• Researches and secures funding to support feasibility, site acquisition, pre-development, construction, and permanent financing phases of development. Conducts feasibility studies and develops pro-forma financial projections. Develops detailed financial analyses and budgets and provides regular reports as required.
• Develops and manages relationships with federal, state and local funders, government agencies, community and neighborhood groups, development partners and industry professionals. Represents organization before government agencies, planning and zoning commissions, city council, and other community meetings to garner critical support and governmental approvals for potential projects.
• Oversees and monitors progress through project completion of development team members including architects, engineers, contractors, legal counsel and financial consultants.
• Prepares all project payment applications to government and commercial lenders in coordination with the accounting department.
• Researches new project opportunities in keeping with Bailey House's mission.
• Collaborates with the property management department on the development of operating budgets and facilitates a seamless transition to occupancy and the long-term viability of the property.
• Other job duties and projects as assigned.
• Participate in advocacy and direct actions to end the twin crises of homelessness and HIV/AIDS
• Bachelor's Degree is required.
• A minimum three years of direct experience with affordable housing development. A Master's Degree as described below may be substituted for one year of experience depending on area of study.
• Must have previous experience with affordable housing finance.
• Excellent presentation, written, and oral communication skills
• Ability to perform detailed financial analyses of housing developments concerning site acquisition, predevelopment activities, construction financing, and permanent financing.
• Highly independent, with ability to handle daily responsibilities and projects with minimal direction.
• Ability to work under pressure and successfully meet deadlines.
• Ability to read and interpret architects' drawings, legal documents and other complex documents.
• Must be able to work collaboratively with project teams, funders, government agencies and a wide variety of individuals.
* Must submit a cover letter and resume*
Housing Works provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements. Housing Works complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The position is responsible for overseeing all stages of affordable housing development for the agency and ensuring that objectives of each project are accomplished within prescribed time frames and funding…