Currently in our 15th year, NEXT for AUTISM transforms the national landscape of services for people with autism by strategically designing, launching and supporting innovative programs.
While many organizations engage in advocacy or fund scientific research, NEXT For AUTISM addresses the needs of people with autism and their families across the country, right now. We create and support exceptional educational, clinical, and vocational programs, all cutting-edge, all with an eye towards affecting fundamental shifts in current approaches to autism services.
For more information visit www.NEXTforAUTISM.org
Reporting to the SVP of Operations, and working alongside the Senior Manager of Special Projects, the newly created position of Special Projects Associate will be a key player in the expanding development and events department of NEXT for AUTISM. The SP Associate will have the opportunity to join a team with high standards of excellence and to contribute in a fundamental way to NEXT for AUTISM’s mission. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, organized, detail oriented and team oriented.
- Assist in the planning and execution of all fundraising and donor cultivation events
- Coordinate all approved third party events and provide appropriate support
- Track and report on general donations on a weekly basis
- Track social and digital media fundraising efforts and remittance
- Assist in prospect research of existing and new donors
- Assist in the creation of materials for donor stewardship
- Maintain donor database and records
- Oversee the process of matching gift verifications and remittance
- Assist with the creation and management of donor invoices, acknowledgment and tribute gift letters
- Assist with annual and event related mailings (Annual Appeal, Invitations, Announcements)
- Recruit and cultivate volunteers
- Contribute to event and fundraising content on website and social media platforms
- Provide administrative support for the Development and Events Department as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Must have 2-3 years experience in Development or Event Planning
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Sound judgment, professionalism and positive attitude
- Must interact effectively with donors, board members, volunteers and co-workers
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks while maintaining an attention to detail
- Must exhibit excellent judgment and problem-solving skills
- Should have willingness to take initiative, be organized and learn new tasks to grow within the organization
- Excellent computer skills including knowledge of Outlook, Excel, Word, Publisher and PowerPoint – knowledge of Raiser’s Edge a plus
- Flexibility to work outside of job description parameters if needed
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please.