Full Time Contract
Details: £150 per quarter plus £150-250 end of contract bonus
Contract duration: 12 months, possibility of extension.
Responsible for the successful running of the project including management of volunteers, logistics and administration of the project
GENERAL OUTLINE OF THE ROLE
- To ensure the health and safety of all volunteers and field staff involved in the project, dealing with any medical incidents should they arise, being ready to initiate and implement an emergency medical evacuation procedure if necessary.
- Management, support and development of volunteers / research assistants in all aspects of their participation on the project.
- Organisation and supervision of camp activities and the schedule of Research Assistants camp duties. Preparation of a camp work schedule taking into account all relevant safety, physical, logistic and financial considerations.
- To manage local Frontier employees, camp assistant, driver, guards, as appropriate including payment of wages as and when necessary.
- Administration and control of project budget, ensuring that expenditure does not exceed allocated funds. Over spending will be recovered from future budgets.
- To develop proposals for work with other potential sites/organizations (including site visits and meetings as and when required).
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Contract Duration: 12 months, possibility of extension.
- Accommodation: Basic accommodation provided on camp.
- Travel: Capped contribution towards international airfare provided, plus internal
- travel as necessary to the fulfilment of duties.
- Insurance: Employer’s liability insurance provided.
- Subsistence: Food provided on project site. Subsistence allowance provided for time spent off project site.
- Salary: £150 per quarter plus £150-250 end of contract bonus.
- Training: BTEC assessor training & pre-departure training provided
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To oversee and arrange arrival of new volunteers and project staff, arranging immigration, visas, work permits, transport, accommodation and briefing volunteers and staff on all aspects of country life upon their arrival in country.
- To ensure that all volunteers / research assistants are deployed constructively, usefully and enjoyably and will ensure the discipline and good behaviour of all members of the project.
- To act as deputy to the Principle Investigator and take on overall leadership of the project should the necessity arise.
- To send through RA updates to LHQ during weeks 1, 4 and 10 of projects
- To send situation reports through to LHQ each Tuesday.
- To send quarterly and mid-phase reports to LHQ to set deadlines including reporting on accounts, logistics, staff, equipment inventories and risk assessments.
- To oversee the maintenance, servicing and repair of all project equipment and camp as necessary.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If you wish to apply please send us your C.V and cover letter to our email address firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying which position are you applying for