The Center for Applied Research Solutions (CARS) is a small California 501(c)(3) nonprofit dedicated to building capacity for effective practices in mental and behavioral health systems, including promotion of evidence-based practice. Incorporated in 2001, we provide training, consultation, and resources for professional development to major initiatives in mental health, substance abuse, stigma reduction, and suicide prevention. Our services support effective programs, policies, and practices at national, state, county, and local agencies, such as in state departments, county administrations, and higher education systems. In each endeavor, our mission is to foster safe, healthy, and engaged individuals and communities. We prioritize alignment with our funder’s priorities in order to provide effective and responsive capacity building learning opportunities to the field. Our projects are fast-paced and team-run. Our organization is competency-driven with team members striving to produce high caliber learning resources and services.
General Description: The Project Manager provides management oversight across several federal and state contracted initiatives. Responsibilities include tracking deliverables and timelines to ensure successful completion of scope of work; managing resource development and dissemination; centralizing communications across remote and onsite project team members; and fostering relationships with the field, funders, and other potential partner organizations. This individual will have management responsibilities across multiple projects and deliverables; provide leadership on event planning and execution; lead the development of standards and protocols to identify, track, and assess services across projects; coordinate calls and meetings.
· Field requests for technical assistance (training, consultation, etc.) and coordinate with project team members.
· Identify and outreach to potential partners, consultants, and contractors to deliver services.
· Negotiate contracts with project consultants including fees and scope of work.
· Review and approve service assignments to ensure appropriate fit with scope of work
· Recruit, onboard, and manage consultants.
· Evaluate service quality and follow-up as needed.
· Coordinate and complete monthly reports.
· Plan and coordinate virtual and onsite trainings and regional events; coordinate onsite activities as appropriate.
· Travel and attendance at relevant trainings, conferences, and meetings (as needed).
· Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
CARS offers a small business environment and an excellent benefit package. CARS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
To Apply: Submit a current resume and cover letter explaining your interest in the position. All materials should be sent electronically to email@example.com. No phone calls please. Please submit application materials by May 29, 2020. Initial phone interviews will be scheduled for the first week of June. Thank you in advance for your interest.
The Center for Applied Research Solutions (CARS) is a small California 501(c)(3) nonprofit dedicated to building capacity for effective practices in mental and behavioral health systems, including promotion of evidence-based practice…