Details: Commensurate with experience
585 Broadway Street
About Digital Promise
Digital Promise is an independent, bipartisan 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization authorized by Congress to spur innovation in education for all levels of learners. Positioned at the intersection of educators, entrepreneurs, and researchers, Digital Promise identifies, develops, and promotes strategies to improve all levels of education and provide Americans with the knowledge and skills needed to compete in the global economy. Digital Promise is a fast-paced, growing, entrepreneurial organization that values and rewards performance, collaboration, and innovation.
About the Position
Learning Sciences research at Digital Promise includes theoretical and exploratory work, research-practice partnerships, and evaluation studies, all aimed at improving learning and learning opportunities. Much of our work focuses on STEM and “21st century skills.”
The initial assignment for this Research Scientist position will be an ongoing longitudinal study of the effects of attending an inclusive STEM-focused high school. The research scientist will help develop analytic plans, collect and code interview and other qualitative data, and contribute to publications based on the five years of student data collected thus far.
As part of the Learning Sciences Research team, the Research Scientist will contribute to additional projects as they arise and to business development and proposal writing efforts.
- Contribute to research studies that design, develop, and/or evaluate education innovations that involve STEM learning and/or the use of digital technology
- Develop research instruments and data collection protocols
- Collect data in the field (some travel required) and conduct training for field researchers engaged in data collection
- Analyze data and author/contribute to reports and publications
- Manage teams, including consultants and external partners, to complete research tasks
- Contribute to research proposals for philanthropic funders, private clients, and/or government granting agencies
- Ph.D. in education or a related field with 5 years of experience in a research role (including research design, data collection and analysis, managing research tasks, collaborating with education partners, project management)
- Facility with both quantitative and qualitative education research methods
- Substantive knowledge area such as school reform, STEM learning, and/or equity issues in education
- Classroom teaching experience a plus
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and manage competing tasks, deadlines, requirements, and decisions.
- Strong interpersonal and oral and written communication skills.
- A passion for education, a team mentality, creativity, and a positive “can-do” “yes-and” spirit
Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience.
Commensurate with experience
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply and submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements. Applicants are encouraged to submit their materials as soon as possible. Review will be on a rolling basis until the search is successful.
Digital Promise is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.