1217 Good Hope Road, SE
Calvary Women's Services seeks a full time Workforce Development Specialist with solid experience to provide leadership for Calvary’s job placement program, Step Up DC. We are looking for someone who loves workforce development and is eager and excited to take full responsibility for running all aspects of the Step Up DC program. Calvary is in a period of growth, so strong candidates will possess the skills and drive to build upon and expand a successful program so that it reaches even more people and has even greater impact on women in our community.
Responsibilities include developing and implementing outreach plans, networking and fostering strong relationships with area employers, and developing employment opportunities for program participants. In addition to providing leadership for program expansion efforts, the Workforce Development Specialist manages the daily program logistics, develops curriculum and oversees volunteer-led courses for program participants. The Workforce Development Specialist also provides individual support to all participants throughout the entire program, including career assessments, helping with on-line job searches, assisting with placements, completing exit interviews, and providing job retention support.
This position reports to the Deputy Director and works closely with Calvary's leadership to manage and execute data gathering, funding requirements, program evaluation, and program specific marketing and public relations initiatives.
Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor's degree and a minimum of three to five years of related workforce development experience. Candidates should also have a strong desire to apply and expand their industry skills to guide Step Up DC through its next phase of strategic growth.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit and a proven track record of developing, implementing and managing highly effective workforce development programs
- Ability to independently run all aspects of a program, from conception to implementation to evaluation
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and be able to communicate effectively with people of diverse cultures and backgrounds
- Knowledge of job search methods, resume development, interview preparation
- Exceptional organizational, time, project and program management skills
- Ability to analyze situations, anticipate and/or detect problems and provide solutions
- Aptitude to manage time and tasks efficiently with little supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively; persuasive speaking and writing skills are critical
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other Microsoft Office tools
- Advanced skills in data entry and database management
- Ability to work effectively with multiple stakeholders (e.g. funders, boards, clients, employers, colleagues, and volunteers)
- Ability to keep accurate records and monitor client activity
- Ability to report, evaluate and manipulate data for the purposes of communicating program outcomes
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree with 3 to 5 years’ experience in workforce development or employment services
WORK ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience working under remote supervision
- Own transportation is required for trips out of the office
- Comfort working and conducting job development activities within a housing program setting
- Comfort and ability to run and staff a multi-site program
Calvary Women’s Services offers a competitive salary and benefits, including: generous leave package, fully paid individual health insurance; life and disability insurance; a 403b retirement savings program; free parking; staff training and professional development opportunities; and a collegial work environment.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply for this position, please submit a Calvary-specific cover letter, resume and a writing sample (preferably one which includes reporting/describing program outcomes) to mailto:kdoxsee@CalvaryServices.org with the email subject "Workforce Development." Generic applications and resumes without cover letters will not be considered.