1900 L Street Northwest
District of Columbia
Director, Science and Industry Affairs
Alliance for Regenerative Medicine (ARM)
The successful development and commercialization of new cell and gene therapies has led to dramatic growth of the regenerative medicine sector and ARM, the only international organization dedicated exclusively to the issues facing regenerative medicine. The Director of Science and Industry Affairs is a new, full-time position central to the expansion of ARM and the field. This position presents the right candidate the opportunity to network throughout the regenerative medicine community at senior levels and to establish visible expertise in sector developments.
The Director, Science and Industry Affairs will:
· Interact regularly with the 300+ ARM member organizations to assess scientific and commercial developments in the field and their impact on the sector;
· Lead ARM’s science and technology-related member committees and task forces;
· Shape and lead science and manufacturing initiatives at ARM
· Support ARM’s policy development, membership recruitment and collaborations;
· Regularly present insight on scientific and commercial trends in regenerative medicine to ARM staff and ARM members, media, policymakers and conference audiences;
· Assist in the analysis and preparation of ARM’s sector data reports and other publications;
· Develop and lead ARM’s relationships with academic institutions and associations.
We are interested in candidates with:
· Enthusiasm for bringing exciting new treatments and cures to patients;
· Technical understanding of regenerative medicine (cell and gene therapy, immuno-oncology, gene editing, tissue engineering, biomaterials);
· Knowledge of companies and academic centers active in cell and gene therapy;
· 5- 10 years professional work experience;
· A life sciences Ph.D. (preferred) or Master of Science degree;
· 3 or more years’ experience in Business Development, Consulting or Technology Transfer;
· Interest in a small, start-up environment with high expectations;
· Strong communication, presentation and relationship building skills;
· Initiative, accountability and the ability to work well with others;
· Commitment to delivering value to ARM members.
Location & Travel:
· This position will be located in ARM’s downtown Washington D.C. office. We will also consider remote candidates based in major biotech clusters.
· This position will require an estimated 25-35% travel - both domestic and international.
Minimum Education Required