Manage and direct the Goodwill PROS Rebound Program, which involves administering a NYS Office of Mental Health/Medicaid budget to provide necessary services to individuals with a diagnosed mental illness and a functional disability due to the severity and duration of the mental illness. Program must be operated in accordance with NYS Regulations, Part 512 for Personalized Recovery Oriented Services.
· Responsible for ensuring that PROS is fully staffed and operates as a person-centered, recovery-oriented model, providing quality services in a timely and professional manner.
· Develops monthly reports to highlight PROS activities, monitor revenue/expenses and track participant referrals, placements and billable hours.
· Adheres to policies and procedures to dealing with participant incidents and emergencies, as required by contract and Goodwill
· Develops and maintains ongoing relationships with potential referral sources, service providers and community resources.
· Reviews all client referrals, determines eligibility and assigns to appropriate staff.
· Serves as an agency representative at community, regional, national, and social service functions, as well as performing public relations activities as requested.
· Establishes Evidence Based Practices and sets goals and objectives for the program and ensures the program remains compliant and in good standing with OMH, Medicaid and Goodwill standards.
· Responds to emergencies and coordinates appropriate interventions, along with the Safety Director, to ensure that clients’ work area remains healthy and safe.
· Manage a caseload of up to 5 participants, including case management, collateral contacts, referrals, vocational assistance, and other needs, to coordinate services.
· Conduct required assessments including Wellness Recovery Action Plans, Psycho-socials, Psychiatric Rehabilitation, Vocational Readiness, Cultural, and Substance Use screenings and assessment.
· Develop Individualized Recovery Plans (IRP) in collaboration with participants, based on the above listed assessments on a quarterly basis, or more often as needed.
· Maintain and update demographic, treatment and employment data in electronic health records (Foothold AWARDS, OMH CAIRS database, and NYESS).
· Engages in case conferences, clinical meetings, and others as requested and fills in vacancy positions as needed. Provides clinical supervision to professional staff.
· Coordinates with other directors to provide guidance to the Behavioral Services Division
· Works closely with VP of Behavioral Health Services to ensure quality of services and monitoring of outcomes
Qualifications/Basic Job Requirements:
· NYS Licensed Clinical Social Worker preferred, will consider LMSW with significant clinical and administrative experience of at least 3 years
· Have 3-5 years of experience working with persons living with severe mental illnesses
Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to multi-task in a very fast and demanding work environment a must
· Capacity to manage, develop and motivate staff to continue to increase their skills in order to expand their programs and/or performance as needed.
· Experience with provision of services in a group modality.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
· Knowledge of PROS program model and regulations
· Knowledge of evidence-based practices, to include: Individual Dual Diagnostic Treatment, Wellness Self-Management, Individual Placement and Support and Family Psycho-Education.
Scope of Responsibility & Positions Supervised:.
· Provides individual or group supervision to all staff.
· Establishes and monitors program budgets, staffing needs, including training.
· Responsible for developing and enhancing the PROS Rebound program.
Minimum Education Required