224 West 35th Street, Suite 1500
The Job Developer's primary responsibility will be to facilitate and maintain sustained employment for clients in the LEAP Program. Building relationships with employers in the community is another essential component of this position.
Top Responsibilities include:
- Developing relationships with potential employers in the community, and provide ongoing contact and support to employers and clients at the job site
- Participate in client recruitment and orientation
- Providing individual assistance for all clients at regularly scheduled intervals toward job readiness and placement, utilizing JobZone
- Documenting all client contact and progress, including time and date, type of contact, outcome, and plan of action in the One-Stop Operating System (OSOS)
- Overseeing career counseling and job search sessions
- Connect clients to jobs, by working in collaboration with the LEAP Case Manager and other LEAP program staff; provide ongoing support to client and external contacts during these placements, including tracking contact hours
- Escort clients to interviews, Job fairs and Career Days with potential business partners;
- Conduct National Work Readiness Credential (NWRC) workshops and other Life Skills group curriculum as needed
- Other duties, as assigned
A combination of education and experience necessary with a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field and one year of experience, or Associate’s Degree in a relevant field and 2-3 years of experience, or a High School Diploma with 5 or more years of experience
Technical Skills Requirements:
Computer literacy, including knowledge of basic software applications and familiarity with the internet and email communications; knowledge of criminal justice system and re-entry programs.
Experience working with adolescent/young adult population required. Accuracy/attention to detail and ability to multi-task and prioritize in fast paced environment a must. Acquaintance with the local employment market and community resources. Knowledge of psychosocial needs of LGBTQ/homeless youth population is essential. Must be able to work nights and weekends.
Transgender & gender non-conforming people are encouraged to apply. Bilingual (Spanish) speaking encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Qualified candidates, please send your cover letter, resume and salary requirement via email to email@example.com. Please include "LEAP Job Developer" in the subject line of your email.