Part-time Assistant Director, COMPASS/SONYC
- Oversee afterschool meals for school programming.
- Help train, and support group leaders in classroom management strategies that align with day school culture such as responsive classroom approach.
- Provide on-going observations, coaching, and feedback to group leaders, activity specialists, and interns.
- Develop and maintain partnerships and communication with school leadership and staff to support the effective integration of in-school and afterschool goals.
- Build strong relationships with parents and other community resources in order to enrich the experiences of students and their families in the program.
- Host at least two parent events for the school year.
- Help implement division wide thematic curricula for Literacy, STEM, SEL, and physical fitness
- Attend monthly literacy training sessions.
- Support an enriching program schedule that reflects 15 hours a week of activities for afterschool programs within the COMPASS/SONYC model.
- Support Division wide Touch-A-Truck and M5K fundraiser events
- Help plan two Showcases a year
- Have the ability to adhere to a changing environment as needed and continue to provide services in person and virtually through Google Classroom or other virtual learning platforms.
- Help supervise funder online system and administrative mandates to ensure 100% compliance with DYCD
- Submit required deadlines
- Input enrollment applications, and weekly activity and snack attendance, to ensure the program is on track to meet programmatic mandates and benchmarks.
- Support DYCD site visits
- Any other tasks as identified by your Supervisor as they relate to your responsibilities.
Note: In compliance with NYC DOE mandates, all employees must have received at least one dose of a coronavirus vaccine.