Details: competitive with benefits
2446 McKinley Avenue
Walden Center & School is a unique independent school with an integrated arts and academics program, situated close to downtown Berkeley. We have been a leader in progressive elementary education and collective administration since 1958. Walden is committed to constructivist education; teaching the whole child, supporting children's social-emotional needs, and inspiring a passion for life-long learning. We are a small school with big ideas and a big heart where children love to learn and teachers love to teach.
We are looking for a full-time creative, dedicated, skilled, and compassionate teacher for our kindergarten classroom to begin as soon as possible for the 2018 school year. Our school year begins on September 5, 2018. This position includes administrative responsibilities as it pertains to a consensus model of collective administration. Strong candidates have a desire to help coordinate the school and openness to collective models of management.
Before applying, please visit our website to deepen your understanding of Walden Center and School: www.Walden-School.net
- design multi-sensory, child-centered, and developmentally appropriate curriculum
- plan and implement integrated academic units
- prepare hands-on, project-based lessons grounded in constructivist principles
- identify student needs both academically and social/emotionally
- differentiate instruction to meet range of interest and abilities
- assess and communicate student progress with parents and staff
- participate in collectively administering the school using a consensus model
- help to organize child visits for incoming students and participate in admissions decisions
- serve on administrative committees to support school (after 2 years)
-3+ years of experience teaching at the lower elementary and/or preschool level
-Knowledge of child development prenatal to age 7
-Strong classroom management skills
-Ability to adapt instruction to meet the needs of diverse learning profiles
-Ability to work within a diverse community of students, parents, and teachers
-Excellent communication skills
-Multiple Subjects Credential
-Experience in collaboration and leadership
-Flexibility in problem solving classroom and administrative issues
-Social-emotional learning and/or anti-bullying programs training
-Responsive Classroom training
-Experience with anti-bias/social justice curriculum
Salary: Salary is competitive and benefits are included.
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will be reviewing applications as they are received
Minimum Education Required