Details: Competitive and commensurate with experience
20 Jay St.
About Explore Schools:
Explore Schools is a network of public charter schools providing 2,000 students in Brooklyn with the outstanding education they deserve. Our mission is to provide students with the academic skills and critical-thinking abilities they need to succeed in a college-preparatory high school.
What We Believe:
- We believe that all children can learn when immersed in a rich environment full of high expectations, rigorous academics, and caring, committed adults.
- It is both our privilege and responsibility to help close the opportunity gap in the Brooklyn community.
- Equity and excellence are not mutually exclusive – we can meet the needs of all students in our schools, while actively engaging parents and driving towards excellent academic results.
About the Position:
Explore Schools is seeking a Culture Operations Associate who will ensure the smooth operations of the school’s Culture Office, with an emphasis on data entry, creating data reports, logistical support, parent/guardian communication, and general Culture Team support. The Culture Team is responsible for the oversight and implementation of all school-wide student culture initiatives and activities. The Operations Team is responsible for all non-instructional tasks and activities and provides support to the Program and Culture teams. The Culture and Operations Associate will serve as a liaison between the Culture and Operations teams.
- Tracking and reporting on culture data; will involve regular data entry into our Student Information System on items including, but not limited to: infraction slips, merits/ demerits, suspensions, and detentions.
- Managing scholar incentive systems and community-building events to positively impact school culture and learning, e.g. Class of the Week, Respect Corps, Honor Society, Student Council, Spirit Week and Field Day.
- Owning attendance tracking and follow-up, which will incorporate monitoring excessive tardiness and absences, tracking suspension attendance, scheduling attendance meetings, and implementing initiatives to improve school-wide attendance.
- Coordinating parent/guardian communication regarding behavioral expectations, our uniform and attendance policies, consequences and interventions implemented for scholars who do not meet expectations and special events such as field trips.
- Coordinating staff communication around school culture, including composition/ distribution of procedure updates and rollouts, scholar disciplinary notifications, information regarding school events and expectations, and changes to the arrival/ lunch/ recess/ dismissal procedures.
- General support of the school, main office, and culture office including, but not limited to: coordinating and creating materials for weekly student assemblies; scheduling and planning for meetings and events; creating, printing, and distributing materials; monitoring arrival/ lunch/ recess/ dismissal/ detention.
- Ensure the safety of students at all times
- Assist with non-instructional supervision of students, as needed, such as arrival/dismissal, hallway monitoring, substitute teaching, lunch & playground duty, or supervision of detention/ extracurricular activities
- Assist in moving students to proper locations during fire drills, and sports or arts programs
- Keep accurate & organized records of student information
- Collaborate with colleagues throughout the Explore Schools network
- The ability to execute and communicate in a direct and sensitive fashion
- A steadfast commitment to collaboration and teamwork
- Professional integrity, flexibility, and a reflective attitude
- Required Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong technical computer skills
- Consistent attention to detail
- Experience working with children
- Competitive and commensurate with experience
The critical features of this job are described above; they may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Apply using this link: https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=oV176fwT&s=idealist.org