160 Fifth Avenue
The Benefits & HRIS Specialist fills a key role in serving as a first point of contact for many HR-related inquiries.The position is responsible for working with employees, managers, payroll and benefits carriers to coordinate several key functions and processes in the HR department, including payroll, salary administration, relocation, timekeeping, leave administration, benefits administration including retiree health benefits, as well as HRIS maintenance.
Externally, the Benefits & HRIS Specialist is also responsible for the operational relationships with the foundation's benefits carriers and, as such, will be the primary contact with carriers and brokers. The position will also ensure that plans are administered in compliance with federal, state and local law.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the full onboarding process for employees - This includes working with managers and recruiters to ensure that all necessary forms are completed in a timely manner, providing or coordinating initial benefits orientation for employees, assisting with online benefits enrollment processes, providing relocation counselling and support when needed, calculating federal tax status using Sprintax for foreign nationals and ensuring all required employee information is entered into the HRIS, Workday.
- Manage the full payroll and benefits offboarding process for employees - This includes working with managers to ensure that all necessary forms are completed in a timely manner, providing or coordinating a benefit exit interview for employees and coordinating the post-termination COBRA administration process.
- Assist with the salary administration process and provide ongoing support and guidance to employees and managers working with recruiters and HR managers as necessary - This includes processing salary and status changes, promotions, disability and other types of leave, reviewing federal tax status using Sprintax for foreign nationals and maintaining up-to-date leave balances.
- Maintain Workday structures including positions, job profiles, compensation grades, organizational hierarchies, etc., in Workday and associated systems, including PayScale.
- Provide tier-one support to employees with problems relating to HR technology systems, including employee self-service, time and attendance, and performance management systems. Provide support to employees and managers in relation to HR policies and systems, employee benefits plans, payroll processes, performance management and employee relations issues, working with HR managers as necessary.
- Administer leave for employees including the foundation's parental leave, FMLA, PFL, short-term and long-term disability, unpaid absences, extended child-care leave, coordination of benefits, maintenance of time records and coordinating leave with leave carriers.
- Comply with federal, state and local legal requirements affecting employer-sponsored plans by maintaining professional and technical knowledge of existing and new legislation; obtaining opinions of qualified experts when necessary; advising management of needed actions; filing reports and disclosures required by the Department of Labor, the Internal Revenue Service, insurance commissioners in the various states and other regulatory agencies.
- Ensure the completeness and accuracy of benefit plan documents produced by insurance carriers, including Summary Plan Descriptions, Certificates of Insurance, Benefit Summaries and service agreements; prepare communication materials announcing new benefit plans and plan changes to active employees and retirees; support the annual open enrollment process; support biannual wellness events; update and reissue existing benefits communications as needed.
- Resolve employee questions and problems by interpreting benefit policies and procedures; intercede with insurance carriers and brokers on claims issues as they arise to ensure quick, courteous resolution.
- Create, reconcile and approve billing statements for payment.
- Maintain electronic employee files in the Workday system.
- Run quarterly, monthly, and ad hoc Workday reports as requested by managers and HR.
- Assist with various HR-related administrative tasks, special projects and reports - these are often highly confidential and/or urgent.
- BA or BS degree or equivalent work experience
Related Skills & Other Requirements
- Three to five years of progressively responsible HR experience, preferably in benefits administration and/or HRIS.
- Workday experience is strongly preferred.
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Familiarity with HR principles and laws
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience with database systems and Excel
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively handle multiple situations simultaneously
- Ability to maintain tact and confidentiality at all times
The Simons Foundation's Diversity Commitment
- Please submit a rsum and cover letter stating your interest in the position.
Many of the greatest ideas and discoveries come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment. The Simons Foundation actively seeks a diverse applicant pool and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply. We provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, disability, veteran status or any other protected category under federal, state and local law.
<img src="https://www.click2apply.net/v/wyVE8VFG55mzFdMLC5n1P" />