Responsible for providing assistance to the Transportation Manager with the daily management and supervision of Connecticut Food Bank’s commercial drivers and the coordination of deliveries/pickups. Reports to the Transportation Manager.
- Manages, train and allocate assignments to commercial drivers.
- Assures drivers adhere to on time performance metrics including monitoring Telenav statistics.
- Develops delivery routes and maintain communication with drivers throughout work shift including daily creation of manifest.
- Strategizes with Transportation Manager to modify daily routes to accommodate stakeholders.
- Leads and inspire drivers to enhance productivity, safety and customer service.
- Ensures compliance with safety standards and the maintenance of all vehicles.
- Assists Transportation Manager with Performance Management and Corrective Action.
- Provides support to the Transportation Manager with training staff on: policies, procedures, laws, etc.
- Serves as a point of contact for internal and external stakeholders to address concerns and build relationships.
- Provides support in managing the transportation budget.
- Ensures compliance of federal & state DOT requirements including DQF, hours of service, training, etc.
- Coordinates & manage the most efficient loads to remain cost-effective as a company, combining shipments based on their routes and timeline to minimize how many trucks and drivers are out.
- Determines the best delivery methods and negotiate rates directly with vendors and customers, and get the necessary documents and permits that drivers will need when shipping chemicals or livestock.
- Assists operations by scheduling unassigned drivers to work in the warehouse.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
- Candidate must have a minimum of 3 years of supervising and dispatching experience.
- Class A or B CDL required with a safe driving record.
- 3 years of DOT regulations experience and must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and time management.
- Willingness to work a variable schedule that includes evenings or weekends.
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Candidate must have strong organizational, general warehousing knowledge, interpersonal, written and oral communications skills.
- Pallet jack/forklift experience.
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds.
- Must be able to contribute to a positive work environment with commitment to social justice.
Responsible for providing assistance to the Transportation Manager with the daily management and supervision of Connecticut Food Bank’s commercial drivers and the coordination of deliveries/pickups. Reports to the Transportation…