231 Winston Street
HELP MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN OUR COMMUNITY! Please join the Society of St. Vincent de Paul, Los Angeles Council in its mission to serve those in need. We currently have an opening for a Drop In Center Program Coordinator in our Social Services Department at the Cardinal Manning Center. The Cardinal Manning Center is a 67 bed homeless shelter for men located in the skid row section of downtown Los Angeles.
SUMMARY OF JOB DUTIES:
The Drop In Center Program Coordinator is involved in the planning, organizing, and implementation of the program, interact with center participants, staff, and representatives of outside groups and organizations. The Program Coordinator must communicate professionally at all times, be able to multi-task, be detail oriented, work with little or no supervision, be a team player, possess excellent organizational skills, and maintain confidentiality in the workplace. The coordinator may be required to work some overtime hours to attend meetings and special events.
· Passion for the Society’s Mission of helping those in need;
· Possess a Bachelor degree in Social Services, or related degree from an accredited college or university;
· Experience working with homeless individuals, and the challenges they face, and the necessary resources they may need to address those challenges;
· Ability to plan, and implement, and lead groups activities for client populations, and outside volunteers;
· Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, and organizational skills;
· Strong attention to detail, dependable, and responsible in meeting deadlines, and maintaining up to date client documentation;
· Experience with electronic client record systems is desired;
· Ability and flexibility to participate effectively as a member of a social services team;
· Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, and other Microsoft programs;
· Must possess your own vehicle, current California Driver’s License, and legally required minimum insurance coverage;
SVDPLA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Society of St. Vincent de Paul will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinance.
Basic Life Insurance and Long Term Disability
Level of Language Proficiency
· Bilingual language skills in English and Spanish are a plus.
Minimum Education Required