Publicolor seeks a strategic and high-energy development leader that will help a dynamic design-based youth organization reach their 25th anniversary in a very strong position.
About the role:
The ideal candidate is driven self-starter with superb management skills who believes strongly in the potential of under-achieving low-income students. This person must be comfortable and strategic about asking for funding. This is a senior full time position.
The right candidate must have a long-term interest in advancing the mission of Publicolor and should be proactive and creative in pursuing new fundraising opportunities and the cultivation of existing donor relationships. The right candidate must have at least seven years fundraising experience.
The areas of oversight and responsibility include major gifts, strategic board development, the creation and implementation of fundraising strategies.
· Work closely with the President/Founder to develop relationships with current individual, foundation, and corporate donors
· Develop strategies to increase current donors’ commitment, engage new donors, and expand the revenue streams.
· Act as an integral part of the leadership team and actively contribute to the strategic development and implementation of development goals.
· Develop a deep knowledge of the core programs and operations.
· Ensure that Publicolor effectively communicates the results of its programs.
- 7 years of experience in institutional fundraising and/or grant writing
- An effective fundraiser. Deep knowledge of the fundraising landscape In New York.
- Can speak credibly and convincingly about youth development and education of high risk students. Ability to articulate the organization's mission, programs, and its uniqueness in a creative, compelling, and effective manner.
· Thrive on setting and scaling fundraising goals
· A gifted writer and a clear communicator
- Has a clear passion and commitment to empowering at risk students to realize their potential.
- An independent, analytical, and strategic thinker with good judgment, sensitivity, and common sense.
- Interest in excellence and equity in public education
- Excellent written, verbal, editing, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in using DonorPerfect, Microsoft Office, and wealth screening software.
Publicolor is a long-term youth development program that engages high-risk students in their education through a continuum of design-based programs that mentor them for success in college, career, and life. Unlike most other youth organizations that focus on high-achieving, low-income students, Publicolor deliberately targets low-income students who are at high risk of dropping out. Our project-based learning models succeed in engaging them in their education year-round. 240 New York City schools and 231 under-resourced community sites have been Publicolored since 1996 - affecting 880,000 students + teachers and 2,495,000 residents of low-income communities. And last year 96% of our students finished high school on time, and 100% went on the college.
All applications must be accompanied by a cover letter and resume sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salary Is commensurate with experience. An equal opportunity employer.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required