Details: Canadian Dollars $20.26 per hour
2 Carlton Street, East Mezzanine
Historica Canada is the country’s largest organization dedicated to enhancing awareness of Canada’s history and citizenship. Some of Historica Canada’s signature programs are: Encounters with Canada, The Heritage Minutes, The Memory Project, The Citizenship Challenge and The Canadian Encyclopedia. For more information, visit www.historicacanada.ca.
The Program Assistant for The Memory Project Speakers Bureau will be an individual who has experience working with a team to achieve deliverables in a timely fashion. The successful candidate is organized, results-oriented, and flexible. This position reports to the Manager.
The responsibilities of the Program Assistant include:
· Responding to requests for volunteer speakers from teachers and community leaders; matching these requests with appropriate local volunteers; confirming and monitoring requests through both email and telephone communication;
· Spending much of the day on the telephone communicating with volunteers, teachers and community leaders to confirm and monitor requests;
· Supporting the Manager, Program Coordinator, and Program Officer in meeting nation-wide demand for volunteer speakers through outreach to specific demographics, audits of current database and detailed management of database records of volunteers;
· Other administrative duties as assigned.
· A completed university or college degree, or other relevant education and experience an asset;
· 1 year experience requested (entry level position);
· Oral and written bilingualism (English and French) is crucial to this role;
· Excellent organizational and time-management skills;
· Team player and demonstrated strong interpersonal and communications skills;
· Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities;
· Flexible and easily adapt to change;
· Excellent telephone manner;
· Experience working in the non-profit or education sector an asset;
· Knowledge of Canadian military history an asset;
· Experience working with veterans and/or the elderly an asset.
This position may require travel (air and ground) within Canada.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required by the incumbent. Incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.
This is a contract position beginning August 27, 2018 and ending November 30, 2018. The salary will be $20.26 hourly less applicable statutory deductions, which will be paid to you twice a month.
Historica Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Level of Language Proficiency
Oral and written bilingualism (English and French) is crucial to this role.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter in a single PDF or Microsoft Word document with your full name and the position as the file name. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. Interviews may be arranged before the deadline. Interested candidates should submit their application no later than July 24, 2018 5:00 PM EST to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer to this posting in the subject line. Successful candidates will be contacted directly. Phone calls or solicitations from agencies and candidates will not be accepted.