District of Columbia
Purpose of Position:
To assist our busy elections team in a range of election year projects involving voter protection, education, registration, and mobilization in the lead-up to and aftermath of Election Day 2018. This work will include serving as a liaison to state and local League leaders throughout the country, preparing materials, and supporting the League’s election year programs, partnerships and get-out-the-vote activities. Reports to the Director of Programs and Outreach.
· Assist with implementing and monitoring various voter protection, registration, education and mobilization activities.
· Support relevant staff on various election-related projects, including an emphasis on reaching underrepresented voters.
· Support work undertaken as part of multi-organizational partnerships and events.
· Provide administrative and technical assistance (particularly with voter information website and/or voter file database) to other staff as well as to state and local Leagues.
· Support the development of status reports as required to keep staff and Board of Directors informed on progress and activities in the department.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· High school diploma required.
· One to two years of experience in project implementation.
· Strong writing and communications skills and strong attention to detail.
· Experience with Microsoft Office and VAN/CRM/database/website back-end systems a plus.
· Customer service oriented and ability to work as a member of team in a fast-paced environment.
· Experience in grassroots or field/political organizing and/or nonprofit environments desired but not required.
This is a full time, short term position starting immediately and running through January 18, 2019. Benefits not included.
This is a full time, temporary position starting immediately and running through January 18, 2019. Benefits not included.
Minimum Education Required