60 Lincoln Center Plaza
This position is responsible for management and oversight of library circulation activities; schedule and supervise student workers; handle reading room maintenance and related tasks.
- Perform circulation activities on library Innovative Interfaces Sierra library system.
- Handle reading room maintenance, shelving, and shelf-reading.
- In conjunction with Technical Services Librarian, handle annual library collection inventory.
- In consultation with VP, supervise work of evening and weekend circulation administrator.
- Train, supervise, and schedule student workers who staff the library circulation desk.
- Perform monetary transactions on library cash register.
- Handle weekly deposits into Library Fines and Lost Books accounts.
- Assist patrons with all circulation matters, including disputes about missing items, fines, and overdue materials.
- Handle problems with library photocopying machines.
- Oversee management of library new books shelf.
- Create library signage.
- Maintain and update patron hold file for registration holds.
- Assist Digital Media Librarian with supervision of Media Room student workers on evenings and weekends.
- Oversee management of library reserves, both print and digital.
- Assist with updating of Library Facebook page.
- Prepare and revise procedure manuals and related documentation, as required.
- May perform reference transactions when a Librarian is unavailable.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in music.
- Previous library experience.
- Knowledge of classical music, including the ability to read music.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as the ability to function efficiently within a busy and demanding work environment.
- Ability to deal calmly and effectively with patron issues.
- Strong commitment to library service.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
The Juilliard School has an ongoing commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusiveness throughout the community and strongly encourages applications from candidates who would enhance the diversity of the School's administration.