The Museum of Jewish Heritage – A Living Memorial to the Holocaust seeks a qualified and motivated candidate for the position of Curatorial Research Assistant. This role is a part time, entry level support position working closely with the Vice President of Collections & Exhibitions as well as the Curatorial team to research and advance exhibition initiatives. This position is Part Time, 3 days per week, thru June 30, 2021 with the potential to extend.
- Perform Curatorial research for exhibitions on thematic and individual object levels.
- Provide insight and detailed reports into the Museum’s Collection, including familial and historical context.
- Collaborate with the Vice President of Collections & Exhibitions and the Curatorial team to create exhibition checklists and perform updates as objects are added or excluded.
- Assist with creation and/or editing of label copy, didactic text, database descriptions, etc.
- Attend exhibition planning meetings and assist in taking organized notes and following up on action points.
- Additional projects as assigned and according to level of training, background and ability; May include tasks related to Registration, archival processing, etc.
- This position will begin as 50% telecommuting and 50% onsite work. Onsite hours may be increased in accordance with project requirments.
- B.A. or significant coursework in Holocaust Studies, Jewish Studies, History, Museum Studies, or related fields or comparable work experience.
- Strong organizational, research/interpretive, writing, and communications skills.
- Strong computer skills, Mimsy and/or TMS experience a plus.
- Working knowledge of relevant foreign language(s) not required but a bonus. (Polish, German, Russian, Hebrew, French, Yiddish, etc.)
- The candidate must also be available to work occasional weekends and holidays.
Position Reports To: Vice President of Collections & Exhibitions
The Museum of Jewish Heritage is an equal opportunity employer. As a cultural institution that teaches about the dangers of intolerance, the Museum is dedicated to promoting diversity, multiculturalism and inclusion in its hiring practices.