330 West 42nd Street
The 1199SEIU Benefit & Pension Funds provide comprehensive health, pension, and quality of life benefits to unionized workers represented by 1199SEIU United Healthcare Workers East. We are among the largest labor-management funds in the nation, covering 400,000 members and their families.
If you’re ready for the brightest career future, join us in this excellent opportunity to showcase your talents. We are currently seeking an experienced Budget Analyst for our Finance - Admin department.
- Assist in the preparation and analysis of monthly, quarterly and annual Operating and Capital Budget statements
- Prepare and analyze driver report, provide trend analyses, forecasting, work with programs on budgets and opportunities for cost savings
- Provide advice and technical assistance with cost analysis, fiscal allocation, and budget preparation
- Analyze and communicate current variances to budget to Budget Manager, Director of Finance, Directors and Chiefs where required; prepare variance reports for review by management detailing expenses by category, highlighting potential problem areas or opportunities, and make recommendations for changes to forecasted amounts
- Work closely with Budget Manager to build and analyze detailed strategic plans
- Summarize budgets and submit recommendations for the approval or disapproval of funds requests
- Consult with Directors to review budget requests and grant allocations. Ensure that budget adjustments are made in accordance with program changes
- Perform data entry of information into Oracle and/or Hyperion by category or general ledger account
- Perform budget maintenance in Oracle and/or Hyperion as directed by Budget Manager. Monitor internal budgeting software ensuring integrity of data, continuity of system interfaces, readiness for annual budget cycle, as well as note end user training and coordination of software upgrades.
- Act as back up for Budget Manager
- Provide spreadsheets and specialized reports for financial presentations to management and Trustees
- Become familiar with the Allocation Study and perform future annual updates to the Allocation Study
- Assist in developing and maintaining documentation of Budget Department processes
- Collaborate with Human Resources to respond and answer any headcount inquires
- Perform additional duties and projects as assigned by management
- Must meet performance standards including attendance and punctuality
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting required
- Minimum of two (2) years financial planning and budgeting experience required
- Advanced skill level in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint required
- Working experience using planning systems like Hyperion (Oracle)
- Knowledge of grant accounting, reporting and budgeting
- Demonstrated familiarity with budgeting techniques, variance analysis and allocation methodologies, budget preparation and automated financial reporting
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement long-term strategies for complex financial systems and resources
- Excellent problem solving, organization, and written communications skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work under pressure with tight schedules
Medical, dental, tuition reimbursement, child care, vision, no copays, prescription
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
We offer a competitive salary, an excellent fully employer-paid comprehensive benefits package and talented professional colleagues. For consideration and to apply, please visit us at https://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm03/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=NBF1199&cws=1&rid=7436. Please mention you saw this ad in Idealist. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.