Good News Garage and Ready To Go is a member of Ascentria Care Alliance. Ascentria employees and volunteers take pride in the impact they have on the people they serve. It’s more than just a job, it’s an opportunity our employees have to care for and share in the lives of people who greatly need and appreciate their presence. Ascentria Care Alliance focuses on every child, elder, disabled person, refugee, endangered teen or teenage mom in order to build stronger communities one person at a time. This is an excellent opportunity to enhance the operations of a $75m non-profit social services organization with programs throughout New England.
The Program Manager provides leadership and oversight of a high volume, growing transportation program. Ready To Go is a transportation program that provides individuals and families throughout Vermont with access to essential life activities including work, job training and childcare. Reporting to the Assistant Director of Operations, the Program Manager is responsible for supervising all program staff both in the office and the drivers out in the field.
- Responsible for providing effective leadership to program staff including drivers, dispatchers and schedulers to ensure quality services are provided to the individuals served.
- Responsible for training staff in all required areas.
- Develop staff including supervising, coaching and mentoring.
- Hire, orient, supervise and evaluate program staff.
- Oversight of the property, including leases, maintenance, safety and upkeep.
- Participation and cooperation with program committees that meet regularly and support new programs.
- Build relationships with state agencies, licensing organizations, community groups and other stakeholders to develop and grow program.
- Recruitment of clients.
- Ensure all reports and documentation is submitted in timely and professional manner.
- Maintain program performance and budgets to assure that programs meet financial objectives.
- Job must be conducted at all times in a way that respects the rights, privacy and the dignity of the client and adheres to all contractual regulations.
- Responsible for petty cash and following financial procedures.
- Must maintain a clean, safe organized program environment consistent with regulatory and program guidelines.
· Up-to-date knowledge of state, federal and international regulations as indicated by service lines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Representation of Ascentria Care Alliance and Good News Garage throughout the Vermont community.
- Participate in organization committees
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3 years of program management/supervisory experience required, preferably in the transportation field.
- Must have Ability to provide leadership while working effectively and flexibly in a team environment and to maintain a positive attitude.
- Experience managing/supervising off-site, remote staff is highly desired.
- Experience effectively delegating, training, supporting, recognizing achievements of staff and fostering independence required.
- Must have budget and financial management skills to control program costs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including evidence of ability to write reports requireed; experience with writing grants preferred.
- Commitment to building positive community support.
- Ability to set priorities and manage multiple tasks to deadline.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and ability to learn new software programs as needed required
- Ability to handle conflict, stress, and to respond effectively to a changing environment
- Must have a valid driver’s license, and clean driving record to provide transportation to clients in Good News Garage vehicle.
- Ability to provide on-call coverage and work a flexible schedule as needed.
- Car seat safety training
- State of Vermont, Mandated reporter training
- Ascentria online training (OSHA, HIPPA, etc)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the position.
Physical Demands are generally:
Sedentary - While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Required to sit for long periods of time.
- Infrequent light physical effort required
- Requires driving own vehicle to various sites.
Mental Demands are generally:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to problem solve, make decisions, interpret data and organize.
- Ability to do detailed work with high degree of concentration
- Ability to work under stress or in a fast-paced environment.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please follow link to apply for position.