West 125th Street
The Bridge, an innovative and well respected mental health agency serving adults with serious mental illness, substance abuse, co-occurring mental health and substance abuse disorders, and co-morbid medical conditions is seeking a Peer Specialist to join its Geriatric Services Program.
- Conducts home visits to older clients in residential programs and collaborates closely with other staff to maintain and improve ongoing services.
- Assists clients enrolled in aging services with escorts to important appointments.
- Ensures the safety of our older adult population by making appropriate internal and external referrals.
- Assists clients in community integration and maintaining or regaining ADLs.
- Participates in individual supervision from the Aging Services Director as well as weekly care conferences with Residential Services RN, Aging Services case manager, and other residential staff.
- Maintains case records and administrative documents in accordance with The Bridge policies and in accordance with requirements of funders such as OMH, DOHMH, HUD, DHS.
- When involved in incident, report all incidents, internally through the agency’s incident reporting protocols and externally as required to the NYS Justice Center, and/or to relevant oversight/funding agencies such as OMH, DHS, and DOHMH in a timely and thorough manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be a certified peer specialist or actively working to complete certification modules .
- Bilingual preferred.
- Some computer literacy required. Knowledge of AWARDS or other electronic record systems preferred.
- Must be able to travel using public transportation.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Ability to effectively interact, communicate, and work collaboratively with all levels of employees, clients and community contacts
Excellent compensation package including, health insurance coverage, paid vacation, paid sick, paid holidays, tuition assistant....
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required