Details: Depending on qualifications, experience and skill level
675 S Clinton Ave
Trenton Circus Squad is a thriving youth achievement nonprofit based in Trenton, New Jersey, inspiring young people to “take great leaps in life”. Our circus-based after school and summer programming challenges youth to set and achieve stretch goals for themselves. The full-time position of Director of Operations presents an opportunity to join the leadership team of a young, innovative organization and help build an anchor arts organization in the city of Trenton, NJ.
With a budget of $500k, Trenton Circus Squad has a close-knit, adaptable leadership team that has built this innovative organization over three years. With a new strategic plan in place, the team is looking to develop new leaders for the long term.
Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the Director of Operations will oversee all the systems that keep our programs running, including human resources, contracts management, finance, communications, IT, and grants management. Skilled at managing multiple workstreams, this person will supervise all support staff and volunteers including part-time bookkeeper, fund development assistant, marketing and communications coordinator, and IT support. The Operations Director will also have a strong voice in developing policies for the organization, and in supporting Board reporting and fund development.
This is an excellent opportunity for a versatile, capable, early- to mid-career nonprofit professional with strong leadership potential.
The ideal candidate demonstrates:
· A passion for youth development, the arts, and the City of Trenton
· Comfort operating in urban and suburban environments.
· A bachelor degree or equivalent experience and either a masters in nonprofit management or at least three years’ experience in a nonprofit supervisory role
· Strong written communication skills
· Comfort with a range of software packages including spreadsheets, and with a paperless office environment
· A good grasp of the fundamentals of budgeting and financial management
· Strong attention to detail
· Experience writing, managing and reporting on government grants
· Experience working with people who may manifest at-risk behaviors or have faced challenging life circumstances
Trenton Circus Squad seeks to ensure that its employees reflect the community that it serves. We strongly encourage inquiries from applicants resident in Trenton, or with strong local ties.
Paid time off
Fully paid individual health insurance; option to purchase for family members
Level of Language Proficiency
English required, Spanish preferred
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, send a resume and cover letter. Your cover letter should explain your interest in the position and your career aspirations and highlight any elements of your experience that you believe makes you particularly suited for the role. Applications without cover letters will not be considered.