The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
The mission of the Public Health Laboratory (PHL) is to ensure the health of all New York City (NYC) residents by providing quality laboratory testing services which address the needs of the NYC DOHMH and its community partners as they respond to clinical and environmental public health concerns.
This position will serve as a Human Resources Generalist at the PHL and be involved with all human resources activities for the Bureau.
· Provides subject matter and interpretive expertise to all levels of employees on personnel policies and processes of human resources guidelines and procedures, and the Personnel Rules and Regulations of New York and the Agency.
· Serves as primary liaison on human resource activities for PH including being a liaison with HE Central.
· Processes personnel and related actions for PHL in the Agency's and City's personnel systems.
· Collaborate with senior management to ensure human resource initiatives support agency strategies and goals, advises and makes recommendations to Bureau and Division on all human resources related matters.
· Performs related assignments and projects as required.
• BA/MBA in Human Resources or Equivalent
• Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to work well within a management team environment.
• Excellent computer skills including Microsoft EXCEL
FPHNYC offers a comprehensive benefits package. The salary range for this position is commensurate with experience.
There is a potential for this position to transition to the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene.
DOHMH has a residency requirement that must be met within 90 days of appointment at DOHMH.
To apply, send Resume, with Cover Letter, including how your experience relates to this position here. We ask that you do not contact our staff directly and no phone inquiries please. Applicants who best match the position needs will be contacted.
The Fund for Public Health in New York City is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages a diverse pool of candidates to apply.
The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health…