Education and Training Coordinator
Details: This position is exempt from the wage and overtime provisions of the federal Fair Labor Standards Act. Compensation is commensurate with experience and competitive in the field.
14 Beacon St Suite 507
Jane Doe Inc. (“JDI”) is a vibrant and effective, social justice statewide coalition that is creating a world free of abuse. With our 55+ member programs, other state and US territorial sexual and domestic violence coalitions, and key national partners, JDI strives to create change by addressing the root causes of this violence and promoting justice, safety and healing for survivors. Our programmatic priorities include education and training, public policy and systems advocacy, membership services, economic justice and movement building.
The Education and Training Coordinator creates and implements an array of diverse training initiatives to meet the needs of JDI member programs, allies and stakeholders working to address and prevent sexual and domestic violence. The Coordinator will be supervised by the Director of Membership and Programs and will work with all JDI staff and members to advance knowledge, best practices, and subject matter expertise with training and capacity building to ensure that the field in MA is fully equipped to understand the needs of victims and survivors. The Coordinator will also develop and support creative teaching and learning opportunities facilitated in a manner that supports survivor-centered practices and seeks to transform attitudes and beliefs that foster sexual and domestic violence, and promotes innovation in prevention programming.
We are seeking to hire a dynamic and passionate full-time Education and Training Coordinator to join our team. This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual committed to ongoing learning, innovation in training, and social justice. The ideal candidate will possess varied and in-depth skills: designing and implementing training in various modalities, developing curricula and educational materials and demonstrated experience in the field of sexual and domestic violence. This person will also be detailed oriented, exhibit grace under pressure, welcome diverse perspectives, have a sense of humor and be committed to coalition building.
- Ensures that JDI training and prevention activities support the Coalition’s role as a thought leader in sexual and domestic violence programming with an emphasis on an intersectional lens;
- In collaboration with JDI staff, identifies needs, maps out training plans, designs and develops programming for the JDI Training Institute that addresses the current and ongoing priorities for coalition members and allies;
- Ensures that all trainings build on the capacity of the field and are innovative, interactive and inclusive of the breadth of survivors experiences, and the diversity of communities across the state;
- Supports the development and design of materials including curricula and maintains relevant JDI resources;
- Coordinates all aspect of in-person and on-line training activities including: trainer recruitment and coordination, facilities, registration, outreach, evaluation, and data maintenance; may also provides training directly. Maintains accurate knowledge regarding curriculum resources in the field;
- Participates and represents JDI on relevant external committees, task forces and work groups. Represents JDI at statewide and national meetings, events and conferences;
- Assists with organization-wide communications efforts to enhance visibility of JDI and our member programs; participates in JDI activities and events and assists with them, as needed.
- Experience working with marginalized communities in the areas of programming, organizing and/or advocacy. Commitment to anti-oppression work and social justice;
- Experience developing and delivering interactive training on multiple topics to diverse audiences in the field of sexual and domestic violence intervention and prevention as staff and/or as a volunteer;
- Expertise with using technology for training and communications; familiarity with online training platforms;
- Demonstrated experience in event planning, public speaking, training, curricula and materials development. Knowledge and application of adult learning modalities. Excellent verbal and written communication and facilitation skills;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple and sometimes unpredictable priorities, analytical and detail oriented. Comfortable working on a team as well as individually, and demonstrated skills in multi-tasking;
- Commitment to ethical communication, organizational excellence, developing quality working relationships. Demonstrated history exercising good judgement, and understanding boundaries and confidentiality;
- Possesses a valid driver's license. Access to reliable transportation preferred. Able to travel statewide and nationally as needed. Flexible schedule required at times;
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required; Master's degree preferred. Relevant life and work experience may substitute for advanced degree.
This position is exempt from the wage and overtime provisions of the federal Fair Labor Standards Act. Compensation is commensurate with experience and competitive in the field.
Generous benefits package including:
- JDI-subsidized Group Health and Dental Insurance
- JDI-paid life insurance, AD&D insurance, short-term disability and long-term disability
- Option to contribute to a 401(k) retirement plan; up to 6% employer match after 1 year of employment.
- 12 paid holidays
- 20 days of paid accrued leave (personal and vacation)
- Paid sick leave accrued (up to 126 hours)
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required