1670 S. Amphlett Blvd.Ste. 219
We are looking for an enthusiastic Communications Associate to assist manage our internal and external communications. Under the overall guidance of the PCRC Executive Director and the direct supervision of the PCRC Director of Operations, the Communications Associate will support the implementation of the communication strategy to increase the standing and awareness of PCRC with partners, the media and the general public. The Communications Associate will also assist with volunteer outreach and recruitment and will have to work in close collaboration with the Program Directors and fundraising team. The ideal candidate is imaginative, creative and a phenomenal storyteller with excellent writing, editing and oral communication skills. The candidate must be able to successfully manage multiple ongoing priorities, deadlines, and projects to undertake the following tasks:
• Assist the ongoing development and implementation of an effective corporate communications strategy.
• Generate multimedia content including text, photos, videos, infographs, factographs and human interest stories for PCRC’s website and social media accounts.
• Manage and monitor social media accounts and website and actively expand the network of followers.
• Prepare regular reports on followers and social media and website activity including audiences, reach, tweets, impressions and engagement.
• Assist in the production of branding and editorial, photo and video guidelines and ensure the guidelines are applied.
• Media outreach: research and secure placement of content opportunities. Write and distribute news articles, media releases and public announcements, as needed.
• Support the drafting of PCRC’s Annual Report and other printed material.
Internal Communications, Volunteer Outreach and Recruitment:
• Organizational outreach and recruitment of volunteers: take the lead on communication and engagement with volunteers – newsletter, annual appreciation event, etc.
· Organizational outreach at fairs, conferences and meetings through tabling and presentations
· Provide grant/fundraising support as needed
• Bachelor degree or equivalent in communication, journalism, creative writing, online communication, multimedia communication, etc.
• Training in social media use and management.
• Familiar with programs such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe, etc.
• Knowledge of content management systems and similar such as Squarespace, Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal, etc.
• Passionate about storytelling.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including a confident presence with large and small audiences.
• Photo and video shooting and editing a plus.
• Familiarity with the principles of conflict resolution and collaborative problem solving
• Ability to manage flexible work schedule, including early mornings, most evenings and weekend work.
• Training in facilitation and 40-hour basic mediation or equivalent. * If not trained at time of hire, PCRC will provide the trainings to be completed outside of work hours as a term of employment.
• Ability to work independently and take initiative in a fast-paced work environment.
• Ability to plan, initiate, and execute event planning activities in a timely manner.
• Ability to remain neutral and professional in emotionally charged situations.
• Willingness to promote the integrity and professionalism of PCRC.
• Reliable transportation, valid driver’s license and appropriate auto insurance.
Compensation package includes medical, dental, life insurance, 403(B) plan, vacation, and holidays.
Level of Language Proficiency
Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
Minimum Education Required