254 West 31st Street
Function: Provides case coordination/direct service and assists the Program Director in assuring the delivery of
community rehabilitation services. Assists Program Director with the overall operations and services of Supported Housing Program.
· Conducts home visits on a regular basis for assigned case load.
· Obtains psychosocial histories and conducts functional skills assessments.
· Establishes and maintains liaison with primary provider of psychiatric care.
· Assures access to psychiatric, substance abuse and medical services, and entitlement benefits.
· Monitors client medication, including adherence and side-effects.
· Develops an individualized rehabilitation plan (Support Plan) in accordance with client needs, strengths, and goals and in consultation with the treatment team and others of the client’s choice.
· Delivers community rehabilitation services according to individual need.
· Documents client response to service, progress and regressions, and regularly updates the Support Plan.
· Trains clients in safety procedures and conducts fire drills and self-preservation tests.
· Maintains client charts and submits necessary notes and reports, including incident reports, in compliance with agency procedures.
· Oversees maintenance of apartments, inventories furniture, and alerts program director of maintenance problems.
· Assists clients with entitlements and arrears issues.
· Liaises with landlords regarding apartment issues and repairs.
· Assists in collection of rent and fees.
· Attends in-service training as requested by supervisory personnel.
· Provides coverage as needed for other staff on the program team.
· Serves as “Qualified Mental Health Staff Person”.
· Ensures delivery of program services according to agency policies and procedures.
· Ensures compliance with applicable NYS OMH and NYC DOMH regulations.
· Assists with recruitment, hiring, and supervision of staff.
· Facilitates crisis intervention in the event of an emergency.
· Staffs Emergency cell phone on a rotating basis.
· Acts as supervisor on duty in the absence of the director.
· Supervisory, program management, quality assurance, and other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: M.A. in psychology or a human services related field or a B.A. in psychology or a human services related field and significant experience in the field. Understanding of evidence-based practices in rehabilitation and recovery. Experience in mental health residential settings. Ability to lead and mentor others. IDDT certification. Experience in Scattered Site Apartment Programs preferred.
Salary: 47,500- $48,925 plus generous benefits
ACMH, Inc., promotes the wellness and recovery of persons with mental illness living in New York City and is a leader in the provision of outreach and engagement, care management, rehabilitation, and supportive housing.
For more information, visit our website: www.acmhnyc.org
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email a resume, cover letter and contact information for 3 professional references to:
Director, Human Resources and Information Management