The Massachusetts Service Alliance (MSA), established in 1991, is a private, nonprofit organization that serves as the State Commission on community service. Through service and volunteerism, MSA builds a stronger social fabric in our communities across the Commonwealth. We are committed to increasing the number of people engaged in meaningful volunteer and Corps-based opportunities across Massachusetts that are both fulfilling for the volunteers and that meet critical needs in our community. As a dedicated partner to community organizations throughout Massachusetts, we are attuned to critical areas of need—from education and workforce development to health and the environment—and utilize volunteerism and service to address those needs in order to make our Commonwealth stronger.
The Massachusetts Service Alliance is committed to a just, equitable, diverse, and inclusive work environment. We carry these beliefs into our grantmaking, recruitment and support of board and staff, and how we support the service and volunteerism field in Massachusetts.
We care passionately about service and volunteerism and our employees. For more information, visit www.mass-service.org.
Job Description Summary: This role primarily supports the grantmaking functions of MSA, particularly in the areas of monitoring and providing support to the organizations (grantees) that MSA funds through our AmeriCorps and Volunteer Generation Fund (VGF) federal awards. The Associate will provide support to the Finance team in order to provide sound fiscal oversight of grantees and MSA’s financial operations. The Associate will provide support in the following areas: managing logistics of grant management processes, including applications, ongoing grants management, and closeouts; reviewing reimbursement requests and documentation submitted by grantees; managing databases and communications as they relate to grantees; and assisting with Accounts Payable processes. The Grants & Fiscal Compliance Associate reports to the Controller.
What You’ll Do:
· Manage the logistics of AmeriCorps and Volunteer Generation Funds grantmaking processes, including providing support for the Request for Proposals (RFP) process, grantee contracting, and maintaining documents related to grants management
· Review reimbursement requests submitted by grantees for accuracy and compliance
· Support MSA’s efforts to ensure grantees are compliant with federal requirements, including National Service Criminal History Check regulations
· Maintain database of information related to MSA’s grantees and external contacts, including monitoring federal registrations, keeping contact information up-to-date, and keeping grantee award details current
· Assist with periodic communications to and training for grantees, including preparing, organizing, and sharing resources related to fiscal and grants management
· Support MSA’s Accounts Payable processes by logging invoices and reimbursement requests and maintaining MSA’s vendor database
· Schedule, participate in, and coordinate follow-up action items for site visits to monitor grantees (in collaboration with other MSA personnel)
· Manage and refine MSA’s internal systems for tracking matching funds
· Assist with preparing reports related to MSA’s federal grants
· Implement logistics of trainings
What we are looking for:
We are looking for people to join our team who are collaborative and have a strong service orientation and commitment to quality and continuous improvement. The ideal candidate will have a mix of some of the experience and qualities listed below and a willingness to learn and grow in areas where they have less experience.
· Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience
· Strong attention to detail, organization, and ability to meet deadlines
· Basic knowledge of accounting or a willingness to gain knowledge and skill in this area
· Demonstrated ability to build strong, productive relationships with diverse individuals and organizations to achieve common goals
· Strong demonstrated commitment to and knowledge of service and volunteerism
· Capacity to work independently, as part of a team, and collaboratively with a broad range of individuals and organizations
· Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel
· A desire to work in a fast-paced environment dedicated to community service
What You’ll Gain:
· Experience in grantmaking processes and management of government grants
· Nonprofit accounting skills
· Knowledge of federal accounting, compliance, and reporting standards
· Deep understanding of policies related to federal awards, particularly AmeriCorps
· Software experience with Salesforce, Bill.com, and Excel
The Massachusetts Service Alliance is committed to hiring practices that support the values of a diverse workplace and reflect the composition of the Massachusetts communities it serves. MSA is an equal opportunity employer and candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. MSA does not discriminate against any employees or job applicants on the basis of any legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Reasonable accommodations available upon request.
The Massachusetts Service Alliance (MSA), established in 1991, is a private, nonprofit organization that serves as the State Commission on community service. Through service and volunteerism, MSA builds a stronger social fabric in…
Comprehensive benefit package including health and dental insurance and 401K with employer match. Professional development and training provided to support learning and continuous improvement such as annual AmeriCorps conferences and compliance training.
Comprehensive benefit package including health and dental insurance and 401K with employer match. Professional development and training provided to support learning and…
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Please be sure to include “Grants & Fiscal Compliance Associate” in the subject heading and include how you learned about the job opportunity in your cover letter.
All interested applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Massachusetts Service Alliance is a proud Employer of National Service. Currently, half of our staff are AmeriCorps, Commonwealth Corps, and Peace Corps alumni. Individuals with service experience, such as Commonwealth Corps and AmeriCorps alumni, are highly encouraged to apply. For more information about the Massachusetts Service Alliance, please visit www.mass-service.org.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be sure to include “Grants & Fiscal Compliance Associate” in the subject heading and include how you…