Under the supervision of the Director of Clinical Services and in accordance with established policies and procedures, the Social Worker provides client assessments, including diagnosing, substance use counseling, mental health counseling, HIV education and entitlement advocacy services to clients of the Adult Day Health Care Program (ADHC). The Social Worker will also facilitate mental health and harm reduction groups. This position functions in a primarily electronic environment and requires proficiency in ‘Windows” based technology. CASAC certification a plus.
Essential Job Functions
The following duties are mandatory requirements of the job:
- Establish treatment goals and objectives with clients, as part of the interdisciplinary care planning process.
- Facilitate groups.
- Provide crisis intervention services and if necessary, refer clients for psychiatric assessment;
- Coordinate the provision of multidisciplinary services as outlined in interdisciplinary care plan with particular influence upon housing and entitlement services.
- Identify clients receiving services from other community providers and coordinating care.
- Assume role of primary social worker; coordinating joint services and treatment planning, assessment, reassessment and joint case conferencing with other service providers to clarify and define each provider’s goals and objectives.
- Insure the integrity and confidentiality of all patient information in the EHR by not sharing personal user name or password with other staff.
- Insure the integrity and confidentiality of all patient information in the EHR by exiting the application or locking the system when away from the computer.
- All other duties as assigned by the Senior Clinical Director.
Education and Certification
- Masters in Social Work with LMSW or LCSW preferred. New graduates who will sit for the licensing exam immediately upon graduation will be considered if they have appropriate mental health experience. Candidate with experience in providing services to persons with HIV/AIDS in a health care setting are preferred. Experience with group facilitation is required. Expertise in securing housing and Medicaid entitlements preferred.
Minimum Education Required