Family Reach is seeking a mission-oriented Manager of Information Technology to join our growing team in Boston, MA. The Director of IT is primarily an inward-facing role, helping to create an effective and efficient workplace that supports FR staff and their daily work.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Operations & Chief of Staff, the Manager of Information Technology oversees and manages all functions of the Information Technology team. The Manager of IT is responsible for management and oversight of projects, support and maintenance of existing applications, infrastructure, and telecommunication. The Director of IT will recommend practical solutions, best practices, policies and procedures and lead organization-wide efforts to improve effective use of technology. The Manager of IT will supervise 1-2 direct reports, and work closely with the organization’s broader Operations department.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, highly organized individual with excellent attention to detail.
Technology Implementation & Maintenance
- Provide strategy and leadership for all functions of the Information Technology team
- Collaborate with department heads to develop plans for improvements to information management, problem-solve issues, and propose solutions
- Supervise 1-2 direct reports on the Information Technology team, and mentor other Operations staff
- Manage the organization’s IT Budget and create long-term strategies to enable efficient and cost-effective technology solutions for the organization
- Manage the evaluation, deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade and support of all IT systems, including computers, operating systems, telephones, software applications, etc.
- Oversee all hardware and software evaluations and maintain vendor contacts
- Negotiate and administer vendor and consultant contracts and service agreements
- Safeguard organizational assets by implementing disaster recovery and backup procedures and information security and control structures. Certify all back-up and disaster recovery procedures and plans
- Maintain security and privacy of information systems, including building out a cyber security program with staff education and training, annual assessment of vulnerabilities, and preparing the annual report to the Board of Directors
- Oversee orientation and training of all IT systems; direct implementation of IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, etc.
- Communicate regularly with the leadership team and staff regarding information services and systems
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending education workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, etc.
- In collaboration with the SVP of Operations & Chief of Staff, built out a Technology Advisory Board to support the IT strategy for the organization
- Other duties, not listed, may be assigned by the Leadership team
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent education
- 5-10 years of IT experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead a technical team
- Demonstrated experience in project management and technology implementation experience required
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented
- Strong technical, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple concurrent projects