1436 U St., NW, Suite 301
Catholics for Choice, the leading voice of prochoice Catholic advocacy, is seeking a savvy, seasoned, smart new team member to join our domestic program. This is an opportunity to be part of a successful and fast-paced nonprofit with a close-knit staff of passionate individuals who share a commitment to reproductive choice, social justice and true religious liberty.
Are you committed to advancing abortion rights and access across the United States and appreciate those who are both faithful and committed to equality, justice and autonomy for all? Do you find yourself yelling at social media when discussions around faith support for abortion arise? Do you enjoy working with like-minded, smart and sassy individuals who want to change the world for the better? If these questions resonate with you, CFC’s outreach position could be great fit.
The associate will work closely with the director and other members of the domestic program staff to:
- Engage and mobilize prochoice Catholics across the country in critical policy debates on women’s health, reproductive rights and religious liberty concerns;
- Educate CFC’s activists about Catholic support for women’s autonomy in reproductive health decisions and help them speak out in their communities;
- Foster and sustain relationships with collegial organizations and policymakers in our key target states on issues of reproductive choice; and
- Monitor the opposition’s activities to better engage our activists on issues which affect women’s reproductive rights and access to services and threats to individuals’ religious liberty.
The position is based in Washington, DC, will include some travel and require public speaking to a variety of audiences.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and at least two years’ experience (Sr. Associate candidates require a minimum of five years of increasing responsibility) in grassroots development, engagement, advocacy and/or outreach. S/he will possess excellent organizational and time-management skills; demonstrate impeccable verbal and written communication; willingness to employ traditional organizing methods as well as new technologies to engage and mobilize; and have an unwavering support for a woman’s right to choose. Knowledge of Catholicism and professional experience working with a broad based grassroots campaign or initiative are preferred (leadership role in a grassroots campaign required for Sr. Associate candidates).
Why work at CFC?
- Because, like us, you want to shape and advance sexual and reproductive ethics that are based on justice, reflect a commitment to women’s well-being, and respect and affirm the capacity of women and men to make moral decisions about their lives.
- Because you want to be part of a group of hardworking professionals based in DC who make real change happen all around the world.
- Because CFC provides exceptional employee benefits, including competitive salaries, medical and dental insurance (CFC pays 100% of employee premium), generous paid time off (vacation, sick, personal days and holidays), 403(b) retirement plan with employer contribution, commuter benefits and more.
Employment decisions at Catholics for Choice are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Catholics for Choice does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as “protected status”). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment, as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all organization-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits and termination of employment.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include “Domestic Program Outreach” in the subject line. PDF format is preferred. Applicants who do not demonstrate knowledge of Catholics for Choice’s work will not be considered.