District of Columbia
National Quality Forum (NQF) is a not-for-profit membership organization conveniently located at McPherson Square in Washington, DC. National Quality Forum leads national collaboration to improve health and healthcare quality through measurement. We are currently seeking a part-time Office Assistant/Receptionist join our team.
This position will support the General Counsel and manage the day-to-day operations of NQF’s Board of Directors and Committees. The Governance Manager will be responsible for organizing and managing meetings, materials, and outreach to the Board and Board Committees. This position will also manage other key aspects of the General Counsel’s portfolio, including conflict of interest documentation, legal research and contract management.
- Proactively manage and schedule the Board of Directors and Committee meetings.
- Direct preparation of all meeting materials of the Board of Directors and Committees.
- Draft minutes of meetings for Board of Directors and Committees.
- Manage the system for Board and Board Committee records.
- Manage and coordinate the logistics for Board of Directors and Board Committee nominations.
- Manage conflict of interest process for Board of Directors and staff.
- Manage a system for tracking contracts.
- Track requests to the General Counsel for assistance/advice.
- Perform legal research as requested by the General Counsel.
- Proofread and edit documents.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Paralegal certificate desired but not required.
- Minimum of 5 years of board management and/or governance experience.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact with Board members and their staff.
- Strong project management skills; attention to detail is essential.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, time management and problem-solving skills.
- Strong writing and analytic skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of work records.
- Manage multiple projects and competing priorities.
- Willing to assume responsibility, self-starter who can apply new skills quickly.
- Ability to interact effectively with a variety of people and work well on a team.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may he made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- In the primary environment the noise level is quiet to moderate with ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.
National Quality Forum offers competitive salaries and an outstanding benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, long-term care, life insurance, 401(k), transit reimbursement, and on-site fitness facilities.
Minimum Education Required