For 115 years, Jewish National Fund USA has been on the ground in Israel improving the lives of its residents and developing the land for the next generations. No other organization makes a bigger difference for the land and people of Israel.
JNF has launched the $1 Billion Roadmap for the Next Decade (http://www.jnf.org/assets/pdf/thebilliondollarroadmap_digital_v-1.pdf), a ground-breaking and unprecedented plan for Israel's future that focuses on connecting the next generation to Israel, building communities in Israel's Negev and Galilee, and developing infrastructure for ecology, working with people with special needs, heritage preservation, and aliyah from North America.
We see a bright, beautiful future for Israel and the Jewish people. But we cannot succeed in bringing our vision to life without you. As Jewish National Fund’s Director of Brooklyn, you will be responsible for cultivating donors, maintaining existing relationships, and supporting the Greater New York Campaign Team in all of its efforts. You will be charged with growing the Brooklyn community through new programming, strategic planning, and local partnerships. A typical day for you will include identifying prospective partners, meeting face-to-face and sharing the JNF story, program and event management, and leadership development to help the organization meet and exceed our goals.
The position can either be based at the JNF Manhattan office or home based.
• Participating in all aspects of the gift cycle
• In partnership with the New York Executive Director and Executive Vice President, developing a strategy and plan for building prospect research and major gift solicitations.
• Face-to-face meetings for solicitation, cultivation and recognition of donors, both new and prospective
• Developing and identifying major gift prospects
• Board and/or Committee development, cultivation and membership where appropriate
• Providing professional leadership and management for Boards and/or Committees
• Mission recruitment
• Event Planning
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor
• 3-5 years of relative experience in fundraising/sales.
• A track record of success and progressive accomplishments in financial resource development and fundraising management.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Knowledge of the Jewish Community in Brooklyn is required
• Strong understanding of donor research, identification, cultivation and solicitation, and stewardship.
• Proven success in asking for and closing gifts and building and maintaining long-term relationships with donors.
• Presence and high comfort level to interact effectively with the leaders in the business community in the assigned area.
• A flexible and creative thinker able to find and create new giving opportunities for programs.
• Ability to respect and maintain donor confidentiality.
• Travel limited to the tristate area and Israel on occasion.
· A passion for Israel.
· Bachelor's degree.
· Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
· Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
· Ability to multi-task while maintaining attention to detail.
· A team-orientation and strong work ethic.
Extra Credit Experience:
· Fundraising solicitation and donor cultivation.
· Sales and marketing.
· Nonprofit boards and/or committees.
· Sales force data management.
· Opportunity to Travel to Israel
· Top-notch Healthcare
· Dental & Vision
· Flexible Spending Account
· Employer-paid Life Insurance
· Employer-paid Short and Long-term Disability
· 403(b) and Employer Contribution
Minimum Education Required