414 45th Street
The After School Assistant works closely with the After School Coordinator and volunteers on all aspects of the day-to-day activities of the After School program, including: homework assistance, outdoor and indoor recreation, and arts and crafts. In addition, La Casita’s After School program offers a number of educational outings and cultural and family events throughout the year. The After School Assistant is expected to assist in the preparation and implementation of those outings and events.
- Actively engage and supervise students in all program activities.
- Assist students with homework assignments.
- Supervise daily outdoor recreation time and transition between indoor and outdoor activities.
- Inspire and engage students creatively during arts and crafts time and assist students in the completion of all projects.
- Play an active role in daily opening and closing of program and setup and cleanup of all activities.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of all program spaces during operational hours.
- Participate in weekly team meetings.
- Serve as role model for interns and volunteers.
- Foster nurturing and supportive environment, address conflict, and provide loving and compassionate presence for all students.
After School Assistant Requirements
- High School Diploma required, Associate or Bachelor’s degree in related field encouraged.
- Prior experience working with children and youth preferred.
- Passion for academic and personal development of children.
- Ability to collaborate with all team members and and follow supervision of Coordinator.
- Ability to motivate and supervise students on a one-on-one and small group level.
- Energy and enthusiasm!
Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 2:00 p.m. through 6:00 p.m.
Level of Language Proficiency
Strong English proficiency a must, Spanish proficiency a plus.
Minimum Education Required