Position Title: Health Information and Quality Specialist
Supervision Received: Performs work under the general supervision of the Director of Health Information Technology and Practice Transformation
Supervision Given: None
Position Classification: Exempt; 100% FTE
Job Purpose: Supports member Health Centers by aiding their clinical, operational, and fiscal quality improvement initiatives and organizational capacity building activities, including project management, performance improvement, training, and technology adoption.
- Support member Health Centers in meeting goals for timely projects that address environmental needs by providing targeted technical assistance, including: (50%)
- Developing and maintaining workflow and content knowledge to support compliance requirements and quality improvement efforts for:
- Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) recognition through the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA), The Joint Commission (JC), and Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC);
- Medicaid EHR Incentive Program (informally called Meaningful Use);
- Uniform Data Systems (UDS);
- and others as needed.
- Assisting Health Centers with achieving their quality improvement goals and priorities by providing project management and team facilitation services.
- Informing WPHCA’s Performance Excellence team on issues that may have quality and policy implications relevant to subject matter areas.
- Coach health centers to use data to improve performance by: (20%)
- Equipping teams with skills and tools to monitor and improve key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Monitoring outcome reports and identify action plans for improvement.
- Providing targeted technical assistance by encouraging, motivating, and coaching teams to achieve project and team goals.
- Coordinates WPHCA’s emergency management program by: (10%)
- Serving as WPHCA’s point in contact with the Wisconsin Hospital Emergency Preparedness Program.
- Understanding Health Center emergency preparedness and business continuity requirements and providing appropriate training and technical assistance to Health Centers working to comply with state and federal requirements.
- Delivers technical assistance through the sharing of knowledge and information via WPHCA’s Learning, Information and Networking Center (LINC) site by: (10%)
- Regularly adding useful documents, tools and resources to the CHC Resource Library as related to job duties.
- Following processes to add and remove members from LINC when staffing changes are identified.
- Responding to forwarded “contact us” form requests.
- Following all established processes and policies for using LINC in daily work.
- Provides training for Health Center staff through both e-learning and in-person means. (10%)
- Facilitate group trainings and connect Health Centers to share and spread best practices.
- Create content appropriate for adult learners.
Other Duties as Assigned
- WPHCA is a team-based organization. All staff are expected to support the overall efforts of the organization, which includes providing support to one another in order to achieve our mission.
Technical/Job Skill Qualifications:
1. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or equivalent experience in a health care related field is required.
2. Experience facilitating groups by listening attentively for content and subtext, encouraging active participation and collaboration, and developing content based on key questions.
3. Demonstrated effective communication skills, including the ability to work with all levels of personnel including verbal/nonverbal, oral/written interpersonal communication, listening for understanding, making effective presentations, soliciting feedback and making recommendations.
4. Experience taking initiative, engaging in analytical and creative problem solving, facilitating change.
5. Experience in quality improvement initiatives, frameworks and processes, including workflow design and quality reporting.
6. Demonstrated ability to work independently and self-initiate projects.
7. Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a team member within and across organizational lines to achieve common goals.
8. Experience prioritizing and managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
9. Commitment to performance excellence including delivery of ever-improving value to members and stakeholders; improvement in effectiveness and capabilities; and personal learning.
10. Experience with electronic health records or content management systems is strongly preferred.
11. Proficient in MS Office Suite, including Microsoft Excel, experience with a database is preferred, and the ability to learn additional computer applications.
12. Ability to work effectively in a diverse work environment.
Physical & Environmental Requirements:
Communicating in front of groups. Environmental requirements include working in an office setting. This position also requires on-site visits at remote locations and may require some travel. In-state travel estimated at 25-30 days per year, out-of-state travel estimated at 1-2 times per year. Equipment used includes basic office equipment (e.g., computer keyboard, copy machine, fax machine, telephone/cell phone, printer, etc.) and technical equipment (e.g., camera).
WPHCA Core Performance Skills:
The following performance skills are required for all WPHCA staff:
- Communication: - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Listens to others without interrupting, seeks clarification when needed; Speaks clearly and persuasively; Maintains confidentiality; Demonstrates effective group presentation skills; Writes clearly, concisely and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet target audience’s needs
- Teamwork: Puts success of team above own interests; Inspires trust; builds morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Volunteers readily; Treats people with respect; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things; Gives proper credit to others; Consistently accountable to the commitments and expectations set by the team & organization
- Quality: Establishes, maintains, and meets or exceeds ambitious standards, measures and processes. Demonstrates an ability to learn from mistakes. Inspects work for flaws. Tests new methods thoroughly; reinforces excellence as a fundamental priority.
- Professionalism: Engages in personal and professional development; is accountable to self and others and takes initiative
Employees that hold this position must have demonstrated the following performance skills/competencies:
Relationship Management: Able to develop rapport with others and recognize their concerns and feelings; build and maintain long-term associations based on trust; help others.
Flexibility: Able to remain open-minded and change opinions on the basis of new information; perform a wide variety of tasks and change focus quickly as demands change; manage transitions effectively from task to task; adapt to varying customer needs, and work in a variety of environments with diverse groups and individuals.
Influence & Persuasion: Able to convince others in both positive and negative circumstances; use tact when expressing ideas or opinions; present new ideas to authority figures; adapt messaging to suit a particular audience; respond to objections successfully.
Initiative: Able to bring about great results from ordinary circumstances; prepare for problems or opportunities in advance; transform leads into productive business outcomes; undertake additional responsibilities and respond to situations as they arise without supervision.
Negotiating: Able to obtain agreement from multiple parties; earn trust while working out a deal; use good timing and carefully calculated strategies when bargaining; communicate high value of services; identity hidden agendas that might interfere with resolution of terms.
Reading the System: Able to use common sense to get things done, identify key people to bring about change and understand underlying political dynamics at work; develop a network of key contacts to reach goals; awareness of significant contributing factors to manage change.
The information in this description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
WPHCA is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religious or political affiliation, disability, or any other classification considered discriminatory under applicable law.
WPHCA believes it’s important to provide group dental, health and life related insurance plans to eligible regular status employees. WPHCA may pay a portion of the cost of the insurance for employees and, if applicable, their families. The group insurance plans include: (1) Dental (2) Health (3) Vision (4) Life (5) Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) (6) Short Term Disability (STD) (7) Long Term Disability (LTD)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply: Please email a cover letter and resume to Todd Schroeder, Director of Finance & Administration, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline: The deadline for submitting application materials is May 30, 2018.