One Whitehall Street
The Battery is one of New York City’s oldest public open spaces, located at the tip of Manhattan overlooking New York Harbor. The Battery Conservancy was created in 1994 to rebuild The Battery and Castle Clinton National Monument, in partnership with city, state, federal agencies, and private donors. The Crew Chief position is full-time, year-round, and non-exempt. As a field employee of The Battery Conservancy, you will be directed to work as needed by overall operations management.
• Work with NYC Department of Parks & Recreation and Battery Conservancy staff to coordinate supervision and provide direction for community service park workers in cleaning the park.
• Instruct community service workers in appropriate standards for trash, leaf, snow removals and other tasks.
• With the park maintainers, perform routine maintenance including but not limited to: picking up trash and debris from all park areas, collecting garbage, sweeping and blowing of all pathways, steps and plazas, cleanliness and sanitation of comfort stations.
• Operate and properly maintain tools and equipment.
• Provide general assistance to the Conservancy operations staff.
• Assist, as necessary and directed, during snow emergencies and special events.
• Serve as an ambassador of The Battery Conservancy, answering park visitors’ questions about the park and general park information.
• 1 – 3 years of professional field experience
• Work well in a team or alone, and in all weather conditions
• Ability to give clear directions and work well with other people
• Ability to drive park vehicles – driver’s license preferred
• Good command of the English language required; ability to speak Spanish a plus
• Perform heavy physical labor on a daily basis; must be able to lift and carry 40 lbs
Hours: Somewhat flexible but the ideal schedule is:
Sunday, Monday: 730am – 330pm; Tuesday – Thursday, 10am – 6pm
Salary: $35,000 / year, with comprehensive benefits and monthly MetroCard
Resume deadline April 27th, 2018
Position starts ASAP
comprehensive benefits and monthly unlimited MetroCard
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Include Crew Chief in subject line. No phone calls.
TBC is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants. Women, minorities, and POC are encouraged to apply.