Criminal Defense Practice Administrative Coordinator-PRDU/DNA/DF
- Job posted by The Legal Aid Society - New York City
Headquarters: 199 Water Street
The Legal Aid Society's Criminal Defense Practice has an opening for an Administrative Coordinator to support operations in the Parole Revocation Defense Unit (PRDU), DNA Unit, Digital Forensics Unit, and practice administration.
* Provide day-to-day support for all PRDU, DNA Unit, and Digital Forensic Unit operations
* Handle highly confidential and valuable information and materials
* Perform all other duties as assigned by the Practice Administrator and Attorney-in-Charge
* Draft and type correspondence
* Prepare attendance and vacation reports
* Manage work calendars
* Manage vendor accounts; review and process invoices
* Collect data and data case information for each unit using manual or electronic means
* Coordinate and prepare narrative reports based on organizational data
* Help prepare proposals and necessary supporting documentation, including working with the Finance Department to develop proposed budgets, for submission to government agencies funding each unit's work
* Maintain calendar of project and reporting deadlines for all units
* Provide some paralegal supervision as needed
* Provide operational support for hiring process
* Other duties as assigned
Manhattan - Legal Aid Society Headquarters
* Bachelor's degree
* Excellent writing, editing, and oral communication skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Excellent ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
* Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
* Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
* Some knowledge of the criminal legal system
* Highly proficient with MS Office, especially Excel
* Strong computer skills and experience working with databases strongly preferred
* Familiarity with, or ability to quickly learn, Law Manager or similar operating systems
* Must be able to work independently and initiate, design, and implement new procedures
* Ability to respond quickly and calmly in emergencies and problem situations is essential
* NYS Notary Public or willing to become one
Only PDF documents will be accepted. If your document is not a PDF, your application will not be processed. Applications submitted without all the required materials will not be processed.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
The leadership of The Legal Aid Society is committed to a work culture of zealous advocacy, respect, diversity and inclusion, client-oriented defense, access to justice and excellent representation. We are dedicated to building a strong professional relationship with each of our clients, to understanding their diverse circumstances, and to meeting their needs. Our ability to achieve these goals depends on the efforts of all of us.
The Legal Aid Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer -- Women, People of Color, Members of the LGBTQ+ communities, Veterans, and People with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
For technical difficulties or questions regarding this posting, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required