135 Main Street, Suite 1700
Great education transforms lives. KIPP, the Knowledge is Power Program, is a non-profit network of 224 college-preparatory, public charter schools educating nearly 100,000 early childhood, elementary, middle, and high school students. KIPP schools are tuition-free, public charter schools open to all students. KIPP schools, KIPP regions, and the KIPP Foundation – are united by a common mission, a commitment to excellence, and a belief that if we help children develop the academic and character strengths they need for college and choice filled lives, they will be able to build a better tomorrow for themselves, for their communities, for us all.
The non-profit KIPP Foundation trains and develops outstanding educators to lead KIPP schools, provides tools, resources, and training for excellent teaching and learning, promotes innovation, and facilitates the exchange of insights and ideas within the KIPP network and with partners including: other charters, districts, colleges and universities, and non-profit organizations across the country.
Why work at KIPP?
By working for the KIPP Foundation, you help more students across the country receive the high-quality education they deserve.
· Support KIPP leaders, teachers, and staff on the Network Leadership Development, KIPP School Leadership Programs, Teaching and Learning Labs, KIPP Through College, or Knowledge Sharing teams
- Ensure smart growth and great results on the Network Growth and Sustainability, Strategy, Research & Evaluation, or Insights and Analytics teams
- Broaden our impact on the Government Affairs, External Impact, Marketing, Development, or Talent teams
- Keep us connected and operational on our IT or Finance team
If you believe all children deserve great schools and programs where they can gain the knowledge, skills, character, and habits necessary to achieve their dreams while making the world a better place, join us!
KIPP’s Insight & Analytics (I&A) team supports the use, analysis, presentation and application of high quality data and research regarding KIPP schools, teachers, students, and parents. This data enables KIPP to answer the network’s Six Essential Questions:
1) Who are our students?
2) Are our students staying with us?
3) Are KIPP students achieving and progressing academically?
4) Are KIPP alumni climbing the mountain to and through college?
5) Are we building a sustainable people model?
6) Are we building a sustainable financial model?
KIPP’s Insight & Analytics team supports a network of high-performing schools by providing key stakeholders with data needed for constant learning, decision-making, marketing, and development. The ideal Insight Analyst candidate loves telling a story through numbers and analysis, is highly detailed and process-oriented, and is always trying to find the most efficient way to complete a task. In addition, he or she is a strong communicator, relationship-builder, and proactive self-starter.
The Insight Analyst’s primary functions will include conducting statistical analysis, partner with KIPP Through College Team to lead progress monitoring and supportive analytics, compiling data for reporting and external communication purposes, and collaborating with Foundation colleagues across other teams to support their data needs.
The Insight Analyst will report to the Senior Director of Insight & Analytics. The Insight Analyst can work out of two of our KIPP Foundation offices (San Francisco and New York).
The Insight Analyst’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Partner with the KIPP Through College Team to lead progress monitoring and supportive analytics (60%)
· Support the development of dashboards and progress monitoring documents for initiatives targeted at supporting KIPP Juniors
· Lead efforts in reporting and analytics on our college persistence efforts including updating persistence scorecards and developing new dashboards and reports
· Support the development of tools and analytics for our decision phase efforts this spring
· Collaborate with members of the KIPP Foundation’s Network Growth and Sustainability and KTC teams to distill data and aid in progress monitoring
· Support development and testing of new online enhancements to counselor tools for our College Match efforts
Serve as Key Player in Creation and Execution of Insight Calendar and reporting efforts (30%)
· Help determine which questions we are able to include in annual Insight Calendar based on data availability and accuracy
· Analyze school and student data, such as student achievement, student attainment, enrollment, and teacher turnover
· Synthesize external research around key topic areas outlined in the annual Insight Calendar
· Share results with key stakeholders through memos, reports, and presentations
· Assist with developing requirements for reports and dashboards
· Support testing and quality assurance efforts for new reporting
Support day-to-day activities of the Insight & Analytics team (10%)
· Support the KIPP network by sharing data and responding to ad-hoc data needs, which may include compilation of data from disparate sources, secondary research, and reporting data to funders and other stakeholders
· Support Data Community members and KIPP Through College(KTC) community members with data and reporting needs
· Support development and execution of annual Data Retreat, which serves about fifty network participants
- Love of data!
· BA in related field and 3+ years of work experience required.
· Strong experience in quantitative analysis and quantitative data processing and management.
· Expertise in writing SQL queries or other statistical software (e.g. Stata, R, Python).
· Expertise in using Excel to manipulate and report data.
· Proficiency is Tableau if preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to translate research and analysis findings into accessible formats for non-research audiences.
· Excellent attention to detail and constant focus on data quality.
· Experience project-managing large projects with a variety of senior stakeholders.
· Strong strategic thinking and planning, organization, and project management skills, with an ability to manage multiple short- and long-term projects simultaneously.
· Customer-service orientation, with an interest in assisting schools and end-users as they seek to provide, access, and understand data.
· Model KIPP’s values at all times.
· This is a full-time, exempt, position.
Compensation and Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary, as well as a comprehensive benefits package including:
· Healthcare (health, vision, and dental) provided at 100% for employees and 75% for dependents
· Vision is 100% for all dependents
· 401k plan with up to a 4% salary match
· Generous time off:
o PTO starting accrual that equals 18 days a year
o 15 holidays a year including a three-day Thanksgiving break (Wednesday – Friday) and the last week of the year (December 24 – January 1)
· And other great benefits! (i.e. gym reimbursement, Flexible spending account (FSA), cell phone reimbursement)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply