GATHER, which is a project of Seeds of Peace, is a community of people dedicated to building justice and peace in areas of conflict through economic, social, and political change. Since 2015, nearly 1,700 people have been part of GATHER trainings, convenings, and fellowships. GATHER has supported social impact businesses creating jobs for refugees, grassroots youth movements in Palestine, schooling for girls in Pakistan, platforms for marginalized voices in Afghanistan and Israel, violence prevention in Egypt, and more models for change in some of the most contested communities in the world.
The GATHER International Director is trusted with connecting, mobilizing, and supporting the GATHER network to take individual and collective action to build justice and peace. This position sits as part of a shared leadership team with the GATHER Middle East Director and GATHER Operations Director, reporting to the Director of Impact. This team shows up for each other, experiments without fear of failure, and centers joy.
Location: Seeds of Peace is an international organization with offices in New York and Jerusalem. This position may be based in NY, Jerusalem, London or remotely, but you must be eligible to work in the location where you will be based.
International Strategy, Programming, and Network Development
· Create the architecture and infrastructure to support solidarity and collective action across borders on shared issues of concern
· Design and deliver strategy and programming to foster cross-network connections, learning, and skill-building, in consult with the GATHER Middle East Director and local staff
· Oversee the design and execution of the GATHER International Fellowship program that unites and invests in leaders working to transform conflict through economic, social, and political change
· Oversee the design and execution of an annual Global Summit to inspire and connect GATHER members, enabling them to share practices, celebrate achievements, and create plans for collective action across borders
· Lead the GATHER Advisory Council, an international advisory body comprised of GATHER members that consult on strategy and offer local support
· Grow and sustain the global GATHER community through a targeted membership plan
· Partner with the Development team to identify funding prospects, proposals, and pitches and cultivate donor relationships for GATHER International programs
· Help shape strategy and messaging for GATHER International external communications
· Support impact assessment related to the GATHER and alumni network, including tracking progress towards outcome and goals and collecting stories of impact throughout the network
· Fulfill administrative and financial procedures, including programmatic and final reports for all key initiatives
Essential skills and experience
You are a great fit for this position if you have:
· A minimum of 5 years of experience in community organizing, movement building, leadership development, and/or mobilizing networks for collective action.
· A deep commitment to building solidarity across lines of difference in pursuit of a more just world
· Ideas for and experience in developing, connecting, and supporting an international community of changemakers.
· Knowledge and experience in creating meaningful and unique spaces, ranging from small local meet-ups to large scale international convenings.
· A deep understanding of how systems of oppression operate and the different strategies, approaches, and roles within social change ecospheres
· Experience leading trainings and/or a fellowship program to support changemakers
· Experience developing partnerships and/or raising resources to sustain and expand your work.
· The ability and enthusiasm to travel internationally, particularly in the Middle East (Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Palestine), South Asia (India, Pakistan), and United States
· A knack for connecting with people from diverse backgrounds, and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Valued but not required skills and experience:
· Experience working in highly collaborative, flat teams
· Familiarity with conflict transformation and/or social movements in the Middle East, South Asia, and/or United States
Working at Seeds of Peace
Seeds of Peace offers rewarding career opportunities with a competitive compensation package in a positive and supportive environment. For further information about Seeds of Peace, feel free to visit our website at www.seedsofpeace.org.
Seeds of Peace is committed to protect the children that we come into contact with in the pursuit of our goals, and the recruitment and selection processes for employees, volunteers, and contractors in contact with children will reflect this commitment.
Seeds of Peace is an equal opportunity employer. We strictly prohibit discrimination against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information, or any other legally protected class.
GATHER, which is a project of Seeds of Peace, is a community of people dedicated to building justice and peace in areas of conflict through economic, social, and political change. Since 2015, nearly 1,700 people have been…
How to Apply
In order to apply for this role, please click here. Due to the volume of applications, only those applicants who are selected for further consideration will be contacted. For any questions, please e-mail info[@]seedsofpeace.org .
How to Apply
In order to apply for this role, please click here. Due to the volume of applications, only those applicants who are selected for further consideration will be contacted…