Details: $45000 - $55000 per year
<img src="https://yearup.csod.com/clientimg/yearup/logo/Logo1_b83bc4cb-f7dd-4271-be37-ac91ff1eb156.gif" alt=""/>
Title: Marketing Specialist, Planning & Delivery (Boston, MA)
Location: Boston, MA
Career Stage: Specialist
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Job Type: Regular Full-Time
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, Planning and Delivery, the Marketing Specialist, Planning & Delivery (Boston, MA) will work to build the Year Up brand by ensuring efficient management of National Marketing team operations. Working closely with Marketing leadership, the Marketing Specialist, Planning & Delivery (Boston, MA) will take the lead on management of project schedules, budget tracking, and essential support for other Year Up teams. You will support alignment within Marketing through team meetings, events, and other communications. A member of Planning and Delivery team, the Marketing Specialist, Planning & Delivery (Boston, MA) will also have opportunities to engage in work on content development, analysis and training to support internal clients.
To be successful in this role, you'll characterize yourself as a self-starter with demonstrated success in supporting team operations. You'll bring strong problem solving and critical thinking abilities, and comfort working in a fast-paced environment managing projects involving multiple people and teams. Strong candidates should also bring a commitment to advancing social justice and be prepared to keep Year Up's mission as the central driver of their work.
The Marketing Specialist, Planning & Delivery (Boston, MA) will also have the opportunity to interact with students as a mentor, group facilitator, and advocate, participating in building a positive educational environment.
We understand that people gain skills through a variety of professional, personal, educational, and volunteer experiences. We encourage candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications below. If you believe you have the transferable skills necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of this role, we encourage you to apply.
Marketing Team Operations
- Manage Marketing support for internal stakeholders, including management of Zendesk ticketing system and reporting
- Support Marketing leadership in budget management, including budget tracking and invoice processing
- Facilitate Marketing team alignment through priorities sharing, team meetings, team events, and shared drive management
- Support creation and management of project schedules across Marketing functions
- Work with creative resources and internal stakeholders in the development of marketing collateral
- Coordinate the ordering of print and promotional products in support of events
- Act as primary liaison with internal clients on training, resources, assets and communication vehicles
- Prepare updates on marketing projects and deliverables for internal stakeholders
- Additional support for marketing projects as needed
- Other duties as assigned
National Team Member
- Serve as a mentor/tutor for a small number of current students, availability permitting
- Participate in staff meetings and trainings
- 1-2 years' work experience, preferably with a marketing/communications or operations focus
- Passion for keeping teams efficient and productive
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail, especially over email
- High level of proficiency in Excel/Google spreadsheets/Docs
- Proficiency in project management software (Project, Asana) and/or marketing automation systems (Marketo, Salesforce Marketing Cloud) preferred
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects involving multiple departments and stakeholders
- Understanding of brand consistency across a variety of media
- Aptitude for and interest in collaborating with team to develop new marketing campaigns and opportunities for customer engagement
- Ability to manage many competing priorities and communicate effectively when priorities shift
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, Wordpress, and Salesforce a plus
- A passion for working with urban young adults, an unshakable belief in their potential and a strong commitment to the mission of Year Up
- Understanding of the Opportunity Divide and its drivers
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Salary: Competitive and commensurate with education and experience
- Benefits: Competitive package including 100% healthcare coverage, dental, and 401(k) match
- Vacation: Three weeks paid vacation in first year of employment; four weeks after initial year
- Professional development: Funds available to support staff in achieving career objectives
Year Up is an award-winning national 501(c)3 organization striving to close the Opportunity Divide by providing young adults ages 18-24 with the skills, experience, and support that will empower them to reach their potential through professional careers and higher education. Through a one-year intensive program, Year Up utilizes a high support, high expectations model that combines hands-on technical and professional skills, educational stipends, college-level coursework, and corporate internships at more than 250 top companies.
Year Up currently serves young adults in Arizona, Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago, Dallas/Fort Worth, Jacksonville, Los Angeles, the National Capital Region, New York City, Philadelphia, Providence, Puget Sound, San Francisco Bay Area, South Florida, and Wilmington and will serve more than 3,000 students in 2017 nationwide.
Voted one of the Best Nonprofits to Work For in the country by The Non-Profit Times for six consecutive years, Year Up is a rewarding place to work. Our staff is passionate, supportive, mission-driven, and live by a set of core values that reflect an unshakable belief in the talent and full potential of our young people.
Year Up participates in E-Verify.
Please visit http://www.yearup.org/careers to learn more about working at Year Up, and to see a list of current opportunities.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
Year Up actively engages individuals from all backgrounds. We are committed to embracing diversity within our organization because we firmly believe that diverse employee teams help us to achieve our best organizational outcomes and provide the most effective support to our young adults as we work to close the Opportunity Divide. We are deeply dedicated to creating and maintaining an inclusive and supportive work environment. Learn more about our commitment to diversity:http://www.yearup.org/about-us/careers/commitment-to-diversity/
As an equal opportunity employer, Year Up is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Please submit a thoughtful cover letter and resume through our website.
Note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered. We respectfully request no phone calls.
Minimum Education Required