Executive Director. American Liver Foundation. Connecticut
- Job posted by American Liver Foundation, National Office
Details: Please send salary requirements
American Liver Foundation
Provides the overall leadership and management for those strategies designed to create cost effective and on-going sources of revenue, community presence and mission delivery within the division's market area.
Accountable for managing the division human and financial resources through the development of an annual Budget Business Plan and in administering organization policies and procedures necessary for the efficient functioning of the division through innovation, collaboration, excellence and a culture of accountability to the organization’s mission.
Mission Involvement, Community Development and Public Relations
- Provides the leadership, management and support for the development and delivery of mission driven programs and community outreach.
- Develops, engages and maintains active involvement with the division Medical Advisory Committee.
- Serves as the primary staff spokesperson and communicator to promote the understanding of the organization's mission and presence in the division market areas.
- Cultivates productive relationships with the media and various constituent and related groups including professional, medical, educational, patients, families and grass-roots leadership.
- Provides leadership, support, materials, reports and assistance in building and implementing the on-going development of a strong division board, community presence and volunteer base.
- Initiates and manages the development of the division's annual budget and plan of operations for short and long-range goals.
- Provides leadership, direction, management and training for division staff in the development and implementation of organizational plans.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the organization's mission and its core programs.
- Establishes an annual income development plan that represents broad opportunities for special events fundraising (i.e. Liver Life Walk and Flavors culinary galas, Honoree Salute Dinner), donor prospecting, cultivation, retention, upgrading, acknowledgement and recognition.
- Serves as the primary liaison to, and motivator and manager of, the division Board in its fundraising responsibilities.
- Directs, and is actively engaged in, the cultivation and meaningful involvement of volunteers at all levels in income producing and programmatic activities.
- Evaluates the income growth potential of all division activities and develops appropriate strategies to ensure income stability and growth.
- Evaluates the resources within the division chartered area and develops plans which support maximum market penetration.
- Directs the cultivation and acquisition of foundation and corporate contributions through sponsorship and material and/or in-kind support.
- In consultation with Human Resources, performs division personnel management functions, including, but not limited to, staff hiring/termination, performance management, training, supervision, compensation changes.
- Oversees the efficient and effective operation of division personnel and the facility in accordance with the established policies and procedures.
- Appraises operating results in terms of costs, approved budget compliance, operating policies, trends and increased net profit opportunities.
- Administers the established personnel policies and procedures.
- Ensures and oversees the preparation of reports, division records and other documentation as requested, which present the progress and status of the division's plans and activities.
- Implements the approval process for all contracts, purchases and banking activities in accordance with organization policies.
- Provides leadership in building confidence and strong working relationships between the division office and the national office.
- Ensures that the policies adopted by the organization through the National Board are understood and followed by all employees.
- Knowledge and skill in nonprofit management with emphasis on proven fundraising results, board and volunteer development and mission delivery.
- Proficiency in fiscal management and revenue/expense forecasting.
- Above average skills in using Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to leverage relationships and negotiate agreements.
- Skilled in exercising sound judgment and in possession of good analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven supervisory, leadership and team building skills.
- Demonstrated experience in community development and strategic planning.
- Must be able to travel as needed, up to 25% of the year. Needs a flexible schedule as there are times during the year that require working on nights and weekends.
- Must be able to lift and carry at least 20 pounds
Education and Experience:
- Minimum education - Bachelor's Degree or the equivalent in education training and experience or Master’s Degree a plus.
- Six plus years of progressively responsible related experience with a minimum of 3 years in a supervisory capacity.
Entitled to benefits
Level of Language Proficiency
Multi-lingual a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
The American Liver Foundation (ALF) will aspire to involve every segment of the community in every aspect of its work and will demonstrate its commitment to and accountability for an inclusive environment in which differences are recognized, respected, valued and celebrated.
Please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to Joann Thompson, National Director of Divisions at firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.