8325 Northeast 2nd Avenue
OFFICE AND DATA COORDINATOR
Role and Responsibilities Summary
Engage Miami is seeking a full-time, seasonal Office and Data Coordinator to manage the office and oversee voter registration quality control. The Office and Data Coordinator will lead an organized, consistent, and high-quality process for data collection and office functionality.
Engage Miami is a 501c(4) organization. We’re young people intent on engaging our generation in our local democracy so that we have a future in Miami that is more just, democratic, and sustainable. We are an affiliate of the Alliance For Youth Action, growing progressive power across America by empowering local young people’s organizations to strengthen our democracy, fix our economy, and correct injustices through on-the-ground organizing.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Quality control and form processing: Manage systems to ensure that voter registration forms are accurate and complete in a timely and highly organized fashion. Conduct visual inspections for accuracy and maintain accurate and secure records, especially during high volume periods. Enter and organize all data from GOTV field efforts.
- Collaborate with leadership team to ensure task completion: Work closely with organizers and leadership team to ensure timely delivery and transfer of forms.
- Office management: Ensure functionality of administrative systems, including monthly reimbursements, timesheets, mailings, supply ordering, scheduling, contact management, website updates, and other administrative needs.
What We’re Looking For:
- A highly organized self-starter who shows serious initiative, with an ability to produce high-quality results in a timely manner, who possesses excellent planning, prioritization and time management skills, and is always thinking several steps ahead.
- Deep commitment to Engage Miami’s mission and to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. We’re looking for the determination to engage young people in tackling critical issues facing our generation, including economic and racial justice, climate change, and voting rights and voting access. A serious passion for increasing young people’s participation in our democracy—especially our elections—is an absolute must.
- Demonstrated skill and experience in managing details, including the ability to work effectively with spreadsheets, recognize patterns quickly, and develop strategies to improve, while being able to manage all aspects of the data collection and storage process without losing track of any pieces.
- Work style that is flexible, respectful, collaborative, and brings a commitment to maintaining a supportive culture. We need people who can celebrate the positive, spot where we can improve, and come up with specific ways to make those changes happen.
This is a full-time, seasonal position through the general election in November of 2018.
Salary: $35,000 annualized. Paid time off contingent upon length of employment.
Benefits: Personal health insurance is provided. Paid time off contingent upon length of employment.
This person will be reporting to Engage Miami’s Executive Director. We encourage you to submit your application if this job excites you.
Please email your resume and cover letter as a PDF attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org, RE: Data Coordinator Posting. In your cover letter, please include why you want to do this job and how you found out about the position. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis with priority given to applications submitted by August 10, 2018.
Engage Miami and Engage Miami Civic Foundation are equal opportunity employers. We welcome applications from all, and strongly encourage women, people of color, people with disabilities, immigrants, refugees and members of the LGBTQ community to apply.
Minimum Education Required