171 West 85th Street
Position Summary: The Facilities Assistant supports and reports to the Operations Manager.
The Assistant performs custodial and other work in an office setting and is responsible for the cleanliness, maintenance, and safe operations of the entire building.
· Set up for and recover from DOROT’s events, which include but are not limited to DOROT’s onsite classes, programs, concerts, and meetings, and DOROT’s onsite community rentals.
· Moves cartons of supplies and donations, small and large furniture, a piano on wheels, and other office equipment as needed.
· Responsible for proper storage, organization, and inventory of all office and building supplies
· Responsible for opening and closing/securing the building at end of day, following all components of the Closing Protocol.
· Serve as client service, security, and safety personnel at reception desk, as needed, which includes evening meetings and weekends for community rentals.
· Perform routine maintenance activities inside the building : such as change light bulbs, complete touch up painting, clean light fixtures, sweep, vacuum, and mop floors
· Complete small repairs.
· Maintain the outside entrance, roof garden, backyard and roof.
· Sweep sidewalks, rake leaves, maintain roof top garden, remove snow and perform other seasonal tasks as needed.
· Clean stains from walls, doors, rugs, and floors using chemicals and cleaning solution.
· Run DOROT errands as needed.
· Maintain Xerox machine by replacing required supplies.
· Serve as backup for Receptionist as needed; answer phones, greet visitors and support DOROT staff.
· Serve as backup for Operations Manager and Superintendent.
· Manage the incoming and outgoing U.S. Mail
· Other duties as assigned.
· Must have availability to work evenings and weekends
· Must be able to walk, sit, stand, bend, lift, and move continually during working hours
· Must possess basic repair and maintenance skills
· Must be able to lift and move up to 50 pounds
· Excellent client service focus
· Organizational skills
· Team orientation
· Ability to take initiative and work independently
· Ability to pay attention to detail
· Ability to manage time and tasks by working efficiently
· Ability to listen carefully and follow direction
· Knowledge of MS Office 2010
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full time position. Expected work hours are variable
Must be available Monday through Friday, evenings and weekends.
Required Education & Experience
· Experience working in a multi-level building
· High School Diploma, and some college or technical education is preferred
· Previous experience in an office, retail or client service setting is preferred
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Generous paid time off benefits including paid national and other holidays, paid vacation and medical time, health, dental insurance and 403b plans available.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter, current resume and your annual salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org