The Alliance for Young Artists & Writers is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization whose mission is to identify students with exceptional artistic and literary talent and present their remarkable work to the world through the Scholastic Art & Writing Awards. The Awards give students opportunities for recognition, exhibition, publication, and scholarships. Students across America submitted nearly 300,000 original works this year in 28 different categories.
About the Position:
Reporting to the Manager, Institutional Giving, the Coordinator helps achieve all fundraising objectives of the Alliance of Young Artists & Writers, by providing research, events, and administrative assistance to the department. The Coordinator will also provide administrative assistance to executive staff, including maintaining the Executive Director’s calendar, scheduling key meetings and events for senior leadership, and supporting meetings, presentations, and other day-to-day administration of the Alliance’s operations.
The Coordinator position is an excellent opportunity for an organized and motivated individual who has demonstrated increasing skill with logistics and administration. The position requires meticulous attention to detail and strong oral and written communication skills.
- Manage and maintain data hygiene in Donor Perfect database.
- Process all gifts, including data entry, acknowledgement creation and mailing.
- Assist with revenue tracking.
- Assist with individual and institutional giving research.
- Perform administrative tasks for the Development and Executive Offices, including setting up meetings, preparing materials for Board meetings, preparing donor meeting briefing materials for the Executive Director and Director of Development, and coordinating solicitation campaigns, mailings, and Development internships.
- Administer the annual Alumni Microgrants program.
- Coordinate communications, events, and correspondence related to Alumni and the Alumni Council, as directed by the Development department.
- Provide assistance for all Development-related events, including the annual Benefit Dinner. Duties include maintaining RSVPs, contacting vendors, producing reports, and following up with guests.
- Maintain the Executive Director’s calendar while also handling scheduling and logistics for key meetings for the senior team.
- Provide assistance to the Executive Director and the Development department, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in art, writing or related disciplines is preferred
- At least a one-year cumulative experience in an office setting
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Discretion and care around confidential information and sensitive correspondences
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office is required; knowledge of Donor Perfect or other fundraising databases is preferred
- This is a 35-hour/week non-exempt position. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
- This position is based in New York City, and pending federal, local, and company regulations, will be hybrid or fully in-person.
- Benefits: Paid Time-off (PTO) accrued at rate of one (1) day of PTO per month of employment up to twelve (12) days a year. Role is not eligible for additional health and savings benefits.
- To apply, please upload your resume and cover letter to artandwriting.bamboohr.com/jobs.