Headquarters: 199 Water Street
The Finance Department has an immediate opening for a Billing Supervisor.
* Manage and prioritize workflow for the Billing team
* Supervise, train, and coach direct reports
* Partner with the Billing Manager to analyze the work flow and work product for efficiency and accuracy and make recommendations for improvement
* Interact with the various Practice administrators to coordinate staff allocation changes, coordinate and ensure changes are implemented into Financial Edge, and prepare staff allocation reports for review
* Monitor the billing deadlines calendar to ensure compliance to strict reporting and billing related deadlines for assigned responsibilities
* Ensure that program applications and/or contract budgets are prepared, finalized and submitted accurately and timely
* Oversee subcontractor invoicing and payment process
* Review contract vouchers and billing submission packages and reports to government/private funding sources on a timely basis
* Review staff allocation changes and ensure that they are updated in Financial Edge
* Verify that reimbursements are not in excess of contract amounts
* Initiate timely and accurate follow-ups on outstanding accounts receivable balances with grantors.
* Assist with individual program audits, as well as the Society's year-end audit when necessary
* Verify that the billing processes are documented and that the documentation is kept current and tested
* Perform special projects as requested
* Other tasks as required
Manhattan - Legal Aid Society Headquarters
* BS in Accounting or Finance
* Minimum of four years of relevant work experience; non-profit preferred
* Must have strong oral and written communication skills
* Ability to establish a strong rapport with both senior management and funding agencies
* Innovative problem-solver and excellent communicator who can skillfully provide guidance, support, and mentorship to the team
* Strong leadership and team-building skills
* Must be very hands-on, be able to run one's own reports, and prepare one's own analyses
* Advanced Excel skills are required
* Strong sense of professionalism and confidentiality and a good work ethic
* Excellent attention to detail
* Strong ability to multi-task and to meet strict deadlines
Only PDF documents will be accepted. If your document is not a PDF, your application will not be processed. Applications submitted without all the required materials will not be processed.
The Legal Aid Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer -- women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ communities, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
For technical difficulties or questions regarding this posting, please email email@example.com.
Minimum Education Required