Associate Director for Adolescent Health and Youth Programs
- Job posted by Public Health Institute (PHI)
The Public Health Institute (PHI) is an independent, nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting health, well-being and quality of life for people throughout California, across the nation and around the world. As one of the largest and most comprehensive public health organizations in the nation, we are at the forefront of research and innovations to improve the efficacy of public health statewide, nationally and internationally. PHI was distinguished as one of the top 50 “Best Non-profit Organizations to Work For” by the Non-Profit Times in a national search.
PHI’s California Adolescent Health Collaborative (CAHC) is seeking an Associate Director for Adolescent Health and Youth Programs to manage current adolescent health-focused programs, and to help shape and implement the organization’s strategy and approach towards youth and adolescent health programs and research projects. CAHC aims to protect and improve the wellness of California's youth by building capacity in systems and seeding innovation through research. We strengthen the systems and organizations that support California's adolescents so that young people have the knowledge, skills, and resources to make a healthy transition to adulthood. In addition, we strive to connect the financial and human resources of the urban Bay Area with the nearby rural Central Valley. To learn more about our work visit www.californiateenhealth.org
As an Associate Director for Adolescent Health and Youth Programs you will:
- Serve as Project Director for the Healthy Relationships and Economic Pathways project (H-REP), including day-to-day oversight of all project activities and grant deliverables, supervising staff, preparing and submitting progress reports, and managing and maintaining agreements with project community partners and evaluation consultants as required.
- In coordination with the CAHC Program Director, establish and maintain effective working relationships with CAHC funders through regular meetings and communications.
- Identify, coordinate and lead the submission of responses to funding opportunities, both research-focused and related more generally to adolescent health issues
- Manage, prepare and update required Institutional Review Board protocol submissions
- Lead and coordinate study designs, which can include participating in survey development, analyzing qualitative data sets and conducting participatory research
- Other duties as assigned
Our ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Public Administration or related field
- 5 years of related work experience including 3 years in a managerial capacity (in addition to educational experience above)
- Knowledge of scientific aspects and trends in adolescent health including an in depth understanding of adolescent development
- Understanding of and experience working with adolescent communities in California’s Central Valley and San Francisco Bay Area (Preferred)
- Experience in and familiarity with evaluation design and implementation, as well as Youth-led Participatory Action Research (YPAR)
- This is a part-time (32 hours/week) position based in Oakland, CA
- This job requires 20% travel and occasional work outside of standard hours
- This job is eligible for PHI’s full suite of benefits including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision coverage, health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts, and generous paid time off
How to apply:
- To apply for this opportunity, submit your cover letter and resume with your application here
- In your cover letter, please describe the extent of your related experience and why you feel you are an excellent candidate for this position
Thank you for your interest in working with us at PHI. Should you have any questions regarding this job opportunity, email our hiring team at Recruitment@phi.org. We look forward to hearing from you!
Public Health Institute is proud to be an EEO/AA employer
Minimum Education Required